Chris Brown Victim of Death Hoax
9:26 am, February 15th, 2012
Chris Brown is the victim of a death hoax.
A rumor that the performer had died spread like wildfire on Twitter on Wednesday.
“RIP Chris Brown” became a trending topic, only further fueling speculation.
It is 100% false.
Brown is alive and well.
The singer-dancer is just the latest celebrity to be “killed” by a prank in which Twitter hoaxsters get “RIP [Celebrity Name]” to trend.
In Twitter parlance, “RIP” is occasionally used to mean “Really Inspiring Person” (rather than “Rest In Peace”), but the critical distinction is (understandably) lost in translation for most users, especially in the wake of actual, very real tragedy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship