Chris Brown Victim of Death Hoax
9:26 am, February 15th, 2012
Chris Brown is the victim of a death hoax.
A rumor that the performer had died spread like wildfire on Twitter on Wednesday.
“RIP Chris Brown” became a trending topic, only further fueling speculation.
It is 100% false.
Brown is alive and well.
The singer-dancer is just the latest celebrity to be “killed” by a prank in which Twitter hoaxsters get “RIP [Celebrity Name]” to trend.
In Twitter parlance, “RIP” is occasionally used to mean “Really Inspiring Person” (rather than “Rest In Peace”), but the critical distinction is (understandably) lost in translation for most users, especially in the wake of actual, very real tragedy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody