Chris Brown Victim of Death Hoax
9:26 am, February 15th, 2012
Chris Brown is the victim of a death hoax.
A rumor that the performer had died spread like wildfire on Twitter on Wednesday.
“RIP Chris Brown” became a trending topic, only further fueling speculation.
It is 100% false.
Brown is alive and well.
The singer-dancer is just the latest celebrity to be “killed” by a prank in which Twitter hoaxsters get “RIP [Celebrity Name]” to trend.
In Twitter parlance, “RIP” is occasionally used to mean “Really Inspiring Person” (rather than “Rest In Peace”), but the critical distinction is (understandably) lost in translation for most users, especially in the wake of actual, very real tragedy.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 14 Broken Hollywood Engagements
- Paris Hilton Tweets Nasty Article Bashing Kim Kardashian
- Porsha Williams Hits The Club After Posting Bail
- Cold Feet? Brandy Ditches Her Fiance
- Kelly Rowland's Intimate Wedding Details: Beyonce's Not Invited!
- Celebrities You Never Knew Were Cheerleaders
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014