Chris Brown Co-Hosts Back to School Festival for Domestic Violence Victims
9:42 am, September 11th, 2012
Chris Brown co-hosted a back to school festival in Los Angeles last week for kids and parents affected by domestic violence.
The singer partnered with the non-profit domestic violence intervention and prevention organization Jenesse Center, and its youth advocacy group The Change, to help children celebrate the end of summer — and to also speak to them about his personal experiences.
And it’s not the first time Brown has worked with the organization, either.
“It is our focus on family violence and its impact on youth that compelled us to open our hearts and our doors to Chris Brown and his mother, Joyce Hawkins,” Jenesse founder Karen Earl says, adding that “Chris and his mom have spent many quiet hours at our facilities, no cameras, no special attention or entourages” dating back to 2009.
Earl adds, “Jenesse is thankful to Chris for spending time with our youth and celebrating the end of summer and returning back to school.”
Angela Parker, Jenesse’s Director of Trainings and Program, also notes, “There is no denying Mr. Brown’s popularity and the impact that it has on our youth to see him be a part of this conversation.”
“His participation really drives home the message that a person can choose to overcome their past hardships and to work towards a better future, not just for themselves, but for their loved ones and their community,” Parker explains.
Says the Grammy winner himself, “It’s in my heart to show my fans, my friends and family and the families at Jenesse who stood by me they were right to give me another chance. I’m working hard to make them proud.”
What do you think of Brown’s advocacy work?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Remember Miley Cyrus' Old Image?
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?