Chloe Moretz to Star in New Carrie
1:58 pm, March 27th, 2012
Chloe Moretz is set to play the title character in a remake of Carrie.
The rising young actress has been offered the iconic role in a new version of Stephen King’s story of a bullied high schooler with telepathic powers.
“Never been so happy in my life!” she tweeted on Tuesday after news broke that she’d been tapped for the part played by Sissy Spacek in the original.
She continued, “Thank you [director] Kim Peirce and thank u MGM for the chance of a lifetime i will never forget!”
Moretz is no stranger to horror, having starred in 2010′s vampire flick Let Me In.
The 1976 version of Carrie is perhaps most famous for its portrayal of the single worst prom in history (VIDEO BELOW).
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet