Chloe Moretz to Star in New Carrie
1:58 pm, March 27th, 2012
Chloe Moretz is set to play the title character in a remake of Carrie.
The rising young actress has been offered the iconic role in a new version of Stephen King’s story of a bullied high schooler with telepathic powers.
“Never been so happy in my life!” she tweeted on Tuesday after news broke that she’d been tapped for the part played by Sissy Spacek in the original.
She continued, “Thank you [director] Kim Peirce and thank u MGM for the chance of a lifetime i will never forget!”
Moretz is no stranger to horror, having starred in 2010′s vampire flick Let Me In.
The 1976 version of Carrie is perhaps most famous for its portrayal of the single worst prom in history (VIDEO BELOW).
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails