Chloe Moretz to Star in New Carrie
1:58 pm, March 27th, 2012
Chloe Moretz is set to play the title character in a remake of Carrie.
The rising young actress has been offered the iconic role in a new version of Stephen King’s story of a bullied high schooler with telepathic powers.
“Never been so happy in my life!” she tweeted on Tuesday after news broke that she’d been tapped for the part played by Sissy Spacek in the original.
She continued, “Thank you [director] Kim Peirce and thank u MGM for the chance of a lifetime i will never forget!”
Moretz is no stranger to horror, having starred in 2010′s vampire flick Let Me In.
The 1976 version of Carrie is perhaps most famous for its portrayal of the single worst prom in history (VIDEO BELOW).
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Why Does Shailene Woodley Think Twilight is "Toxic?"
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?