Chloe Moretz to Star in New Carrie
1:58 pm, March 27th, 2012
Chloe Moretz is set to play the title character in a remake of Carrie.
The rising young actress has been offered the iconic role in a new version of Stephen King’s story of a bullied high schooler with telepathic powers.
“Never been so happy in my life!” she tweeted on Tuesday after news broke that she’d been tapped for the part played by Sissy Spacek in the original.
She continued, “Thank you [director] Kim Peirce and thank u MGM for the chance of a lifetime i will never forget!”
Moretz is no stranger to horror, having starred in 2010′s vampire flick Let Me In.
The 1976 version of Carrie is perhaps most famous for its portrayal of the single worst prom in history (VIDEO BELOW).
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Fred Armisen Gives Heartfelt Farewell To SNL
- Bodysuit Babe: Perrie Edwards
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related