Chief Keef Jailed For Probation Violation
6:16 pm, January 15th, 2013
Chief Keef was jailed after a court appearance in Chicago on Tuesday after a judge ruled the 17-year-old rapper violated his probation.
The teenage music sensation, whose real name is Keith Cozart, was held in custody when Judge Carl Anthony Walker determined that a video with Pitchfork Media last June, in which Keef was seen holding a gun, constituted a violation of the terms of his probation following a 2011 incident in which the rapper pointed a weapon at a police officer.
Shortly after the news of his detention broke, #FreeChiefKeef and #FreeSosa (referring to his nickname, from the track “Love Sosa”) began trending nationwide on Twitter.
Keef is slated to appear before Judge Walker on Thursday.
His first album, “Finally Rich,” was released in December.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court