Chief Keef Jailed For Probation Violation
6:16 pm, January 15th, 2013
Chief Keef was jailed after a court appearance in Chicago on Tuesday after a judge ruled the 17-year-old rapper violated his probation.
The teenage music sensation, whose real name is Keith Cozart, was held in custody when Judge Carl Anthony Walker determined that a video with Pitchfork Media last June, in which Keef was seen holding a gun, constituted a violation of the terms of his probation following a 2011 incident in which the rapper pointed a weapon at a police officer.
Shortly after the news of his detention broke, #FreeChiefKeef and #FreeSosa (referring to his nickname, from the track “Love Sosa”) began trending nationwide on Twitter.
Keef is slated to appear before Judge Walker on Thursday.
His first album, “Finally Rich,” was released in December.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?