Chief Keef Jailed For Probation Violation
6:16 pm, January 15th, 2013
Chief Keef was jailed after a court appearance in Chicago on Tuesday after a judge ruled the 17-year-old rapper violated his probation.
The teenage music sensation, whose real name is Keith Cozart, was held in custody when Judge Carl Anthony Walker determined that a video with Pitchfork Media last June, in which Keef was seen holding a gun, constituted a violation of the terms of his probation following a 2011 incident in which the rapper pointed a weapon at a police officer.
Shortly after the news of his detention broke, #FreeChiefKeef and #FreeSosa (referring to his nickname, from the track “Love Sosa”) began trending nationwide on Twitter.
Keef is slated to appear before Judge Walker on Thursday.
His first album, “Finally Rich,” was released in December.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Reese Witherspoon Goes Back to Her Signature Look
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled