Chief Keef Jailed For Probation Violation
6:16 pm, January 15th, 2013
Chief Keef was jailed after a court appearance in Chicago on Tuesday after a judge ruled the 17-year-old rapper violated his probation.
The teenage music sensation, whose real name is Keith Cozart, was held in custody when Judge Carl Anthony Walker determined that a video with Pitchfork Media last June, in which Keef was seen holding a gun, constituted a violation of the terms of his probation following a 2011 incident in which the rapper pointed a weapon at a police officer.
Shortly after the news of his detention broke, #FreeChiefKeef and #FreeSosa (referring to his nickname, from the track “Love Sosa”) began trending nationwide on Twitter.
Keef is slated to appear before Judge Walker on Thursday.
His first album, “Finally Rich,” was released in December.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Is Lil Mama TLC's Permanent Left Eye Replacement?
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game