Cher and Nicki Minaj Fans Clash on Twitter
3:24 pm, November 26th, 2011
It all started when one of Cher’s fans alerted her to a perceived insult in the lyrics to Minaj’s song “Did It On ‘Em.”
The line goes, “If you could turn back time, Cher/ You used to be here but now you gone, Nair.”
“@cher did you know that bitch @NICKIMINAJ dissed you in her song DID IT ON EM,” asked one angered fan of the Oscar winning musician-actress.
Cher retweeted the question with the comment, “Ive seen lots of people come & go! No biggie!”
Minaj’s online army, led by her friend and associate Scaff Beezy, then flooded Cher with outrage.
Beezy tweeted, “yo @cher listen to the words b4 you say dumb sh*t on twitter… do you know what a rap metaphor is??? TM is a cult you dont want it with!!”
Having realized that Minaj meant no ill with her lyrics, Cher quickly apologized and deleted her tweet, writing, “U R right! Someone said I was dissed..I’ve been dissed b4, but instead of finding out… I just got defensive! I should know better! Dumb.”
But her self-deprecatory mea culpa didn’t placate irate Minaj fans, including Beezy, who continued to slam Cher.
Eventually, Cher wrote, “Gimme a fkn break! Said i was dumb!”
Minaj, for her part, mostly stayed out of the fray, only tweeting, “@Cher #stopit5.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting