Chelsea Handler “Warned” To Back Off Matt Lauer Jokes?
2:31 pm, January 17th, 2013
The site says Handler was “admonished” by Comcast executives for humorously linking last week’s Al Roker pants-pooping admission to his “Today Show” colleague Lauer.
“This isn’t the first time a Today show cast member was in the news about this sensitive subject,” Handler joked on her E! show. “For years it was common knowledge that Matt Lauer spent every morning sh**ing all over Ann Curry.”
The dig supposedly landed the late-night host in hot water with her bosses, as E! and NBC are corporate cousins.
“Chelsea’s writers were warned to lay off Matt,” a Post source is quoted as saying. “They don’t want them making more fun of Matt and the Ann Curry situation right now.”
So is there really a ban on Lauer jokes for “Chelsea Lately.”
A “Today Show” source tells Gossip Cop flatly, “No. No one from NBC said anything to Chelsea or her team.”
And an E! spokesperson also debunks the reported joke warning.
“This is absolutely false, and no such request was made,” the network rep tells Gossip Cop.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- What Are Celebs Saying About The Grammy Nominations?
- Is Eiza Gonzalez, Liam Hemsworth's Rebound Girlfriend?
- Kardashian Family Xmas Kards Through the Years
- Celebrities Side Business Revealed
- Famous Left Handers
- Did Kendall Jenner Have Plastic Surgery?
- Best Halloween Costumes In Hollywood
- Kris Jenner Gushes About Kanye West
- Bethenny Frankel On Getting Talk Show Guests to Open Up