Chelsea Handler “Warned” To Back Off Matt Lauer Jokes?
2:31 pm, January 17th, 2013
The site says Handler was “admonished” by Comcast executives for humorously linking last week’s Al Roker pants-pooping admission to his “Today Show” colleague Lauer.
“This isn’t the first time a Today show cast member was in the news about this sensitive subject,” Handler joked on her E! show. “For years it was common knowledge that Matt Lauer spent every morning sh**ing all over Ann Curry.”
The dig supposedly landed the late-night host in hot water with her bosses, as E! and NBC are corporate cousins.
“Chelsea’s writers were warned to lay off Matt,” a Post source is quoted as saying. “They don’t want them making more fun of Matt and the Ann Curry situation right now.”
So is there really a ban on Lauer jokes for “Chelsea Lately.”
A “Today Show” source tells Gossip Cop flatly, “No. No one from NBC said anything to Chelsea or her team.”
And an E! spokesperson also debunks the reported joke warning.
“This is absolutely false, and no such request was made,” the network rep tells Gossip Cop.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank