Charlotte Dawson, Australia’s Next Top Model Judge, Found Dead at 47
2:33 pm, February 22nd, 2014VIDEO
Charlotte Dawson, a judge on “Australia’s Next Top Model,” was found dead in her home on Saturday.
She was 47.
While local authorities have not disclosed an official cause of death, local reports have raised the possibility of suicide given Dawson’s long battle with depression and a 2012 suicide attempt after she was targeted by death threats on Twitter (see video below).
Police say there are no “suspicious” circumstances surrounding her death.
Originally a model from New Zealand, Dawson became an actress and then a prominent TV personality, hosting various programs, judging “ANTP” and competing on “The Celebrity Apprentice Australia.”
But she also struggled with mental illness and became a high-profile victim of cyber bullying.
Her friend Russell Crowe tweeted, “Charley D…Just don’t understand. There’s not enough kind souls as it is. Rest in peace.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Bethenny and Jason Hoppy's Daughter Ordered To Undergo Evaluation
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties