Charlotte Church Awarded Nearly $1 Million in Phone Hacking Scandal
8:50 am, February 27th, 2012
Charlotte Church is the latest celebrity victim of the UK phone hacking scandal to be awarded a monetary settlement.
In a London court on Monday, it was announced Church, whose voicemails were repeatedly hacked, will receive $951,000.
Church had testified that her family’s voicemails provided the basis for more than 30 articles in the now-defunct News of the World.
The settlement, however, provided little comfort to the singer, who slammed the paper’s publisher News International.
“What I have discovered as the litigation has gone on has sickened and disgusted me. Nothing was deemed off limits by those who pursued me and my family, just to make money for a multinational news corporation,” Church said outside the court.
She added, “I have also discovered that despite the apology which the newspaper has just given in court, these people were prepared to go to any lengths to prevent me exposing their behavior.”
“They are not truly sorry,” Church said. “They are just sorry they got caught.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Super Stars With Secret Talents
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye