REPORT: Charlie Sheen Close to Settling With Warner Bros. for Millions
7:50 pm, September 19th, 2011
Charlie Sheen and Warner Bros. are reportedly close to hammering out a deal to settle their legal issues.
Sheen, who began his legal battle with the studio after being fired from “Two and a Half Men,” will be paid approximately $25 million to settle his contract, reports the Los Angeles Times.
In the wake of Sheen’s partying, refusal to seek help, and publicly blasting Warner Bros. and “Two and a Half Men” creator Chuck Lorre this past spring, the studio canceled the remainder of last season. And following more of Sheen’s verbal attacks, Warner Bros. eventually fired him.
The highest paid actor on TV, Sheen was making $1.2 million an episode. For just the remaining eight episodes that were nixed last season, and the 24 shows he was supposed to have shot this season under his contract, Sheen would have earned $38.4 million — not to mention the millions more those 32 episodes would have generated in rerun residuals.
Whether it’s genuine contrition, growing up, or part of the settlement agreement, a humbled, more apologetic Sheen has emerged this past week.
Sheen admitted to Jay Leno on the “Tonight Show,” “I would have fired my a**, too,” and at the Emmys told the “Two and a Half Men” cast and crew, “From the bottom of my heart I wish you nothing but the best for this upcoming season.”
The new “Two and a Half Men” premieres tonight with Ashton Kutcher.
What do you think of this reported settlement?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Alec Baldwin's Daughter Ireland Shows Off Bikini Bod
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna