Charlie Sheen Reaches Out to Rob Ford After FAKE Story Claims Actor Called For Toronto Mayor to Resign
3:28 pm, November 14th, 2013
The story originated with The Daily Currant, a satirical newspaper like The Onion.
It imagines a scenario in which Sheen, purportedly filming a sixth Scary Movie in Toronto (he’s not), is asked by a reporter whether Ford, who has admitted to smoking crack, should step down.
The fake “Sheen” is quoted as saying, “I hate to pass judgement on anybody, especially given my history. But I’ve been seeing those videos on the news, and I think it’s fair to say that Rob Ford parties too much. I can honestly tell you I’ve never been that high.”
It’s a joke.
But the 100 percent fake “news story” was apparently treated as real by thousands of social media users, to the point that word got back to Sheen.
On Thursday, the “Anger Management” star reached out to Ford on Twitter to set the record straight:
Dear Mayor Rob Ford,
The only truth or correct reporting in today’s repulsive story regarding my alleged comments about you, is the accurate spelling of your great city.
Your personal life is and never would be, any of my business.
I’m sorry for any grief this may have caused.
If I can be of any assistance in any capacity in this media cesspool, please accept the noble offer of my steady hand and compassionate heart.
No word on when the two will hang out.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?