Charlie Sheen Reaches Out to Rob Ford After FAKE Story Claims Actor Called For Toronto Mayor to Resign
3:28 pm, November 14th, 2013
The story originated with The Daily Currant, a satirical newspaper like The Onion.
It imagines a scenario in which Sheen, purportedly filming a sixth Scary Movie in Toronto (he’s not), is asked by a reporter whether Ford, who has admitted to smoking crack, should step down.
The fake “Sheen” is quoted as saying, “I hate to pass judgement on anybody, especially given my history. But I’ve been seeing those videos on the news, and I think it’s fair to say that Rob Ford parties too much. I can honestly tell you I’ve never been that high.”
It’s a joke.
But the 100 percent fake “news story” was apparently treated as real by thousands of social media users, to the point that word got back to Sheen.
On Thursday, the “Anger Management” star reached out to Ford on Twitter to set the record straight:
Dear Mayor Rob Ford,
The only truth or correct reporting in today’s repulsive story regarding my alleged comments about you, is the accurate spelling of your great city.
Your personal life is and never would be, any of my business.
I’m sorry for any grief this may have caused.
If I can be of any assistance in any capacity in this media cesspool, please accept the noble offer of my steady hand and compassionate heart.
No word on when the two will hang out.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents