Charlie Sheen “Food Poisoning” Sends Paramedics Rushing To His Home
Charlie Sheen allegedly suffered a severe attack of food poisoning on Monday, sending paramedics rushing to his house.
A local Los Angeles fire department received a call around 11 p.m. Pacific Time from someone in Sheen’s home, alerting them to a health emergency. Medical personnel swiftly came to the rescue, and Sheen was treated on site for his alleged ailment, reports TMZ. It’s worth noting that the outlet has insinuated something more sinister may have been going on, calling it “curious” that the call for help wasn’t made to 911, which records all conversations.
The incident calls to mind Sheen’s 2011 trip to the hospital amid the major meltdown that eventually led to his firing from “Two and a Half Men.” At the time, many speculated that the actor, after a night of partying, had suffered an overdose or had some kind of drug-related episode. But, as Gossip Cop reported, Sheen’s camp said he was suffering from a hernia. That followed a 2010 hospitalization that was blamed on an “allergic reaction” after a wild, disastrous night at New York’s Plaza Hotel.
Gossip Cop reached out to a rep for Sheen but did not immediately hear back. We extend well-wishes to the actor, and hope he has a speedy recovery.
UPDATE: On Tuesday evening, Sheen’s rep told People that the actor went to the emergency room to “be safe” after eating “bad clams.” “They checked him out, hydrated him and sent him on his way. He was back home in bed 90 minutes later,” says the spokesperson. Sheen further provided the outlet with a photo of himself smiling with the firemen who came to his home.