Charlie Sheen Fired from “Two and a Half Men” + Star Responds to News
4:38 pm, March 7th, 2011
Charlie Sheen has been fired from “Two and a Half Men.”
“After careful consideration, Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen’s services on ‘Two and a Half Men’ effective immediately,” Warner Bros. tells Gossip Cop in a statement.
“No decision’s been made on the future of the show,” a rep for Warner Bros. tells Gossip Cop, which leaves open the possibility, at least for now, that a Sheen-less “Two and a Half Men” could air next year.
CBS shut down the current season on February 24 amid growing controversy over Sheen’s off-camera antics.
UPDATE: Sheen has responded to the decision.
“This is very good news. They continue to be in breach, like so many whales. It is a big day of gladness at the Sober Valley Lodge because now I can take all of the bazillions, never have to look at whatshiscock again and I never have to put on those silly shirts for as long as this warlock exists in the terrestrial dimension,” the actor says in a statement to TMZ.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?