Charlie Sheen Donates $1 Million To U.S. Military Aid Organization
2:42 pm, July 16th, 2012
Charlie Sheen is putting his “Anger Management” to good use.
The actor announced on Monday that he will donate 1% of the profits from his new FX series to the United Service Organization (USO), which provides programs and services to United States troops and their families.
Sheen has guaranteed a minimum donation of $1 million — the largest single contribution ever from an individual to the nonprofit organization.
If “Anger Management” does well, the figure could go even higher than $1 million.
The former “Two and a Half Men” star said in a statement, “It’s an honor for me to be able to give back to these men and women of the military who have done so much for all of us.”
He continued, “They put their lives on the line for us every day, and I’m just happy that my work on ‘Anger Management’ can bring a little bit of relief to the troops and their families.”
Sheen will present the first installment of $250,000 in a ceremony later this week.
The funds from his donation will be used to create an entertainment facility for seriously injured military troops in Bethesda, Maryland.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair