Charlie Sheen Donates $1 Million To U.S. Military Aid Organization
2:42 pm, July 16th, 2012
Charlie Sheen is putting his “Anger Management” to good use.
The actor announced on Monday that he will donate 1% of the profits from his new FX series to the United Service Organization (USO), which provides programs and services to United States troops and their families.
Sheen has guaranteed a minimum donation of $1 million — the largest single contribution ever from an individual to the nonprofit organization.
If “Anger Management” does well, the figure could go even higher than $1 million.
The former “Two and a Half Men” star said in a statement, “It’s an honor for me to be able to give back to these men and women of the military who have done so much for all of us.”
He continued, “They put their lives on the line for us every day, and I’m just happy that my work on ‘Anger Management’ can bring a little bit of relief to the troops and their families.”
Sheen will present the first installment of $250,000 in a ceremony later this week.
The funds from his donation will be used to create an entertainment facility for seriously injured military troops in Bethesda, Maryland.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank