Charles Durning Dies at 89
4:32 am, December 25th, 2012
Charles Durning has died.
The character actor, who passed away on Monday at his home in New York, was 89.
Durning’s career spanned decades, and he enjoyed success on the stage, on TV, and in dozens of films including, The Sting, Dog Day Afternoon, Tootsie, Dick Tracy, and The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.
The actor was also a decorated World War II vet, who survived the fierce battle after landing at Normandy during the D-Day invasion.
Durning is set to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage