Charles Durning Dies at 89
4:32 am, December 25th, 2012
Charles Durning has died.
The character actor, who passed away on Monday at his home in New York, was 89.
Durning’s career spanned decades, and he enjoyed success on the stage, on TV, and in dozens of films including, The Sting, Dog Day Afternoon, Tootsie, Dick Tracy, and The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.
The actor was also a decorated World War II vet, who survived the fierce battle after landing at Normandy during the D-Day invasion.
Durning is set to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?