Chad Johnson Files for Divorce, Calls Marriage to Evelyn Lozada “Broken”
3:32 pm, September 13th, 2012
The NFL star made it official in a Florida court on Wednesday, calling the marriage “irretrievably broken” and asking a judge to deny Lozada’s request that he pay her legal bills, according to documents obtained by TMZ.
His filing came on the same day Johnson was formally charged with misdemeanor battery, to which he pleaded “not guilty” on Thursday.
Lozada filed for divorce on August 14.
Her filing came after the couple’s month-old marriage blew up on August 11, when Johnson was arrested for domestic violence after Lozada found a receipt for condoms, sparking an argument that allegedly led Johnson to head-butt her.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Demi Moore's Unacceptable New Beauty Campaign
- Kim Kardashian Begs for Divorce Before Baby Comes
- Skinny Minnie Anne Hathaway's Catwoman Diet
- Paulina Gretzky and Dustin Johnson Make it Official
- Rihanna Wasn't Invited To Beyonce's Album Release Party?
- Kate Upton Shows Us Why Her Legs Are Famous
- Lindsay Lohan Threatens To Publish Awful Book
- Colin Farrell's Quiet, "Romantic" Relationship With Elizabeth Taylor
- 2013's Best Dressed Celebrity Kids
- Malaysia & Jannero Pargo: Trouble in Paradise?