YouTube Co-Founder Fires Back Against Kim Kardashian Proposal Video Lawsuit: I Didn’t Know I Couldn’t Film It
9:11 pm, December 13th, 2013
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the YouTube co-founder posted a MixBits video of the special moment in October — allegedly in violation of a confidentiality agreement.
Kardashians and West have further claimed that Hurley wasn’t even invited to the private event, and broadcast “images he knew were the exclusive property rights of someone else.”
But in new legal docs, Hurley insists he was never told he couldn’t film the proposal, or distribute it however he wanted.
He does, however, say he was asked to sign a waiver afterward that he was told was so the family could use his image in a TV special.
Hurley claims he signed the document without reading it — and was even photographed holding it — but argues it should be invalid because he was misled about its nature.
He’s asking a judge to dismiss the case, and for his attorneys’ fees to be paid, according to TMZ.
Kardashian and West had asked for unspecified damages.
We’ll have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court