Celine Dion Victim of Death Hoax
6:13 pm, March 15th, 2012
Celine Dion is the victim of a BOGUS death hoax.
On Thursday, “RIP Celine Dion” became a worldwide trending topic on Twitter, fueling speculation that the singer had died.
It is 100% false.
A rep for the singer tells Gossip Cop it’s “not true.”
Dion is alive and well.
The singer is just the latest celebrity to be “killed” by a prank in which Twitter hoaxsters get “RIP [Celebrity Name]” to trend.
While more and more people quickly recognize these rumors for the dumb hoaxes they are, it’s disgusting that some people think needlessly causing (even momentary) panic is an appropriate use of social media.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together