Celine Dion Victim of Death Hoax
6:13 pm, March 15th, 2012
Celine Dion is the victim of a BOGUS death hoax.
On Thursday, “RIP Celine Dion” became a worldwide trending topic on Twitter, fueling speculation that the singer had died.
It is 100% false.
A rep for the singer tells Gossip Cop it’s “not true.”
Dion is alive and well.
The singer is just the latest celebrity to be “killed” by a prank in which Twitter hoaxsters get “RIP [Celebrity Name]” to trend.
While more and more people quickly recognize these rumors for the dumb hoaxes they are, it’s disgusting that some people think needlessly causing (even momentary) panic is an appropriate use of social media.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank