Celine Dion Cancels More Shows: “I Guess It Was Worse Than I Thought”
6:19 pm, February 28th, 2012
Celine Dion has canceled additional concerts due to the virus inflaming her vocal cords.
Last week, the singer canceled a handful of shows at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas after falling ill.
Now she’s been advised by doctors to rest her voice for six to eight weeks, pushing her stage return to June 9.
Dion flew to Los Angeles on Monday for an additional examination and was diagnosed with “weakness in her right vocal chord, secondary to a viral illness.”
“I guess it was worse than I thought,” said Dion in a statement. “Obviously this is the worst thing for a singer… not being able to do your shows. I feel worse knowing that I’m disappointing my fans. I’m so sorry… I hope they forgive me.”
She’s expected to be back for her run of shows from June 9 to August 19.
Dion is in the midst of a three-year residency at the casino’s Colosseum, which was built for her in 2003.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails