Celine Dion Finally Names Her Twins
4:28 am, October 29th, 2010
The boys are “Eddy” and “Nelson.”
Eddy was chosen, says Dion’s rep, after Eddy Marnay, the producer of the singer’s first five records. “He was like a father to her… a major influence,” says the rep.
And Nelson is named after Nelson Mandela, who Dion met when she kicked off her world tour in South Africa two years ago.
“In just the few minutes they were able to spend with him, [Dion and Angelil] were impressed by the human being he is,” says the rep, who adds, “Celine and Rene want their children to be inspired by their names, because they were so inspired by these men.”
Dion and little Eddy and Nelson left the hospital Wednesday night.
What do you think of Dion’s baby name choices and her reasoning?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss