Celine Dion Finally Names Her Twins
4:28 am, October 29th, 2010
The boys are “Eddy” and “Nelson.”
Eddy was chosen, says Dion’s rep, after Eddy Marnay, the producer of the singer’s first five records. “He was like a father to her… a major influence,” says the rep.
And Nelson is named after Nelson Mandela, who Dion met when she kicked off her world tour in South Africa two years ago.
“In just the few minutes they were able to spend with him, [Dion and Angelil] were impressed by the human being he is,” says the rep, who adds, “Celine and Rene want their children to be inspired by their names, because they were so inspired by these men.”
Dion and little Eddy and Nelson left the hospital Wednesday night.
What do you think of Dion’s baby name choices and her reasoning?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank