Top 10 Celebrity Weddings Of 2016!
2016 brought destination weddings, secret nuptials, live-streamed ceremonies and not one, not two, but three “Dancing with the Stars” pros saying “I do.” Check out some of the year’s top weddings below!
1. Ciara and Russell Wilson made their relationship official with a July wedding at the Peckforton Castle in England. Many famous pals went abroad for the affair, including bridesmaids Kelly Rowland and LaLa Anthony. The nuptials came just a few months after the couple announced their engagement. And now the stars, who famously said they would not have sex until they were married, are expecting their first child together.
2. Eva Longoria and Jose “Pepe” Baston held their May wedding in the TV executive’s native country, Mexico. Among the stars to attend were some of the actress’ closest pals, including Mario Lopez, Ricky Martin, and Katy Perry. The bride even wore a dress designed by best friend Victoria Beckham. A few weeks after Longoria and Baston exchanged vows, Gossip Cop busted a ridiculous tabloid story that falsely claimed he was upset she shared honeymoon photos on social media.
3. Kevin Hart and Eniko Parrish married in California in August following a two-year engagement. Two youngsters who played a key part in the ceremony: Heaven and Hendrix, Hart’s kids from his previous marriage. Also joining in the big day were Ludacris, Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade. Parrish wore two different Vera Wang gowns for the festivities, and the newlyweds went on to honeymoon in St. Barts.
4. Michael Phelps and Nicole Johnson pulled a fast one on fans this year, making everyone think during the Olympics that they had yet to tie the knot. As it turned out, the pair secretly wed in Arizona in June and managed to keep it under wraps throughout the August Games in Rio. Then, in October, Phelps and Johnson had a second ceremony in Mexico, publicly celebrating their love by sharing gorgeous photos from the beachside event with fans.
5. Derek Jeter and Hannah Davis also had fans guessing about when they would become Mr. and Mrs., with a number of false reports about wedding plans that didn’t turn out to be true. When they did finally marry this past July, they did so in the Napa Valley area of California. Paparazzi managed to capture photos of the nuptials, including a shot of the bride and groom kissing. Among those in attendance were some of Jeter’s former Yankees teammates.
6. Jinger Duggar and Jeremy Vuolo revealed their engagement in July, and then became wife and husband in November. The third Duggar daughter to tie the knot, she and Vuolo saved their first kiss for their wedding day. Nearly 1,000 guests were invited to the ceremony and reception in Arkansas, and it was truly a family affair. Jessa Duggar served as matron of honor, and the nuptials were officiated by Vuolo’s father. TLC cameras even captured the big day for a “Counting On” special.
7. Kym Johnson and Robert Herjavec became the first-ever “Dancing with the Stars” pro and star to marry in the history of the ABC dance competition. After love blossomed last year on the ballroom floor, they married this July in Beverly Hills. “DWTS” judge Carrie Ann Inaba attended, as did a number of former contestants, along with the “Shark Tank” panelists. Olivia Newton-John gave a special performance, and Johnson even did a dance routine to honor Herjavec’s Croatian heritage.
8. Mark Ballas and BC Jean also brought the “Dancing with the Stars” family together for their November wedding outside of Los Angeles. Ballas’ longtime best friend, Derek Hough, served as best man, while childhood dance partner Julianne Hough also witnessed the nuptials. Though they became engaged last year, Ballas and Jean’s plans to wed were only revealed in January, not long after another “DWTS” pro, Witney Carson, said her own “I do.”
9. Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth had one of the year’s most quirky weddings, tying the knot at a Las Vegas chapel in front of an Elvis impersonator. More incredibly, the whole thing ended up being broadcast online. As LaBeouf later explained to Ellen DeGeneres, he and Goth had told the venue that they did not want the live stream option. But that’s exactly what happened, with strangers getting to witness their special day.
10. Josh Brolin and Kathryn Boyd had an intimate ceremony for close friends and family in September. The wedding was so small, that claims Bradley Cooper and Matt Damon attended were actually untrue, though the couple adorably celebrated on Instagram with the hashtag, “#JBKBStuckTogether.” Perhaps most notably, their union came just two weeks after Gossip Cop corrected a tabloid report wrongly claiming Brolin had “cold feet.” Clearly, the article was embarrassingly inaccurate.
Other stars who walked down the aisle in 2016 include Dianna Agron, Margot Robbie, Audrina Patridge, Jamie Lynn Sigler, Corbin Bleu, and Robbie Amell. Who will be the most memorable blushing brides and dashing grooms of 2017? Stay tuned!