Top 10 Celebrity Weddings Of 2015!
While many have been quick to deem 2015 the Year Of The Split, a number of Hollywood stars said “I do.” Benedict Cumberbatch, Vanessa Williams, Jennie Garth, and JWoww were just some of the famous faces who tied the knot over the last 12 months. But which were the top celebrity weddings of 2015? Check out the list below!
1. Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux stunned everyone by pulling off a surprise wedding on August 5. In the years since they became engaged in 2012, the couple was dogged by never-ending split rumors and false marriage announcements, all of which were corrected by Gossip Cop. When they finally wed, they did so in grand but secret fashion. A who’s who of Hollywood went to the couple’s home believing they were celebrating Theroux’s birthday. Instead, he and Aniston threw a wedding party.
2. Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello undoubtedly had the year’s most luxurious wedding. The couple, who became engaged on Christmas 2014, spent most of 2015 teasing plans for the big day. And it was BIG. The stars married at the Breakers Resort in Palm Beach, Florida in front of hundreds of guests. Among those in attendance were Vergara’s cast members from “Modern Family” and Manganiello’s Magic Mike co-star Channing Tatum. And unlike some celebs who prefer to keep their nuptials on the down-low, Vergara actually shared Instagram photos from her wedding throughout the evening.
3. Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher had fans playing the “did they or didn’t they” guessing game for a while. After becoming engaged in February of 2014 and welcoming daughter Wyatt later that year, the couple was the subject of a number of false marriage reports. Kunis only added fuel to the fire in February of 2015 when she gave a wishy-washy answer to Ellen DeGeneres when asked if she was secretly married. The following month, many seemed to think she confirmed they had indeed tied the knot during an appearance on the “Late Late Show.” Finally, in July, it was confirmed that Kunis and Kutcher had a holiday weekend wedding ceremony tied to their Independence Day celebrations.
4. After famously staying unmarried during his long-term relationship with Vanessa Paradis, Johnny Depp had not one, but two weddings with Amber Heard this year. First, the couple had a legally-binding ceremony in Los Angeles in early February. The big shindig, however, came later that month, when they tied the knot again on Depp’s private island, Little Hall’s Pond Cay, in the Bahamas. Photos later emerged showing Depp’s children with Paradis were on hand for the event. Since then, Depp and Heard have been the subject of split rumors, though they continue to show a united front at events.
5. Cameron Diaz always seemed to be against marriage — that is, until she started dating Benji Madden. The couple embarked on a whirlwind relationship in the spring of 2014, and after getting engaged that December, they secretly tied the knot at her home on January 5. Included in the festivities were Madden’s brother Joel and his wife Nicole Richie, who played matchmaker for him and Diaz. Drew Barrymore was also a bridesmaid, and Reese Witherspoon and Gwyneth Paltrow were among the guests. The newlyweds said in a statement afterward, “We couldn’t be happier to begin our new journey together surrounded by our closest family and friends.”
6. Nikki Reed and Ian Somerhalder were a match made in vampire heaven when they wed in April. The Twilight actress and “The Vampire Diaries” star saw their friendship bloom into romance last year in the wake of Reed’s separation from husband Paul McDonald. In fact, they became engaged just weeks after her divorce was finalized this past January. For their one-month wedding anniversary in May, the couple shared a video from their special day. They’ve continued to document their relationship on social media, and Gossip Cop has busted reports of marriage trouble.
7. Move over Kate Middleton and Prince William! Nicky Hilton had a royal wedding of her own when she married James Rothschild at Kensington Palace on July 10. The luxurious affair was attended by notables ranging from Chelsea Clinton to Kate Beckinsale. Hilton’s sister Paris served in the wedding party as the maid of honor. And all seemed to go off without a hitch, except for the unfortunate moment when Hilton’s long veil became caught under a car tire! This is the heiress’ second marriage, following one that was annulled in 2004.
8. Billy Joel walked down the aisle for the fourth time on July 4 when he married Alexis Roderick, his girlfriend of more than five years, at his annual Fourth Of July party. The wedding was held at the music icon’s Long Island estate with none other than New York Governor Andrew Cuomo presiding over the ceremony. Just over a month after the surprise nuptials, Roderick gave birth to a baby girl named Della Rose. The little one is Joel’s second child, finally giving 29-year-old Alexa Ray Joel (whose mom is wife no. 2 Christie Brinkley) a sibling.
9. Tracy Morgan had the most miraculous wedding of all this year. In 2011, the “30 Rock” star became engaged to Megan Wollover. In 2013, they welcomed a daughter named Maven. Then, in 2014, Morgan was nearly killed during a fatal crash on the New Jersey Turnpike. He was left severely injured, but vowed to learn how to walk again so he could walk down the aisle with his wife on their wedding day. That moment finally happened on August 23, 2015. To call the ceremony, for which Maven served as the flower girl, emotional would probably be the biggest understatement of the year.
10. Like Kunis and Kutcher, Mary-Kate Olsen and Olivier Sarkozy also had fans guessing about their marital status this year. Gossip Cop actually first debunked marriage reports in September 2014, and rumors heated up again in August 2015. But it wasn’t until late November that the May-December couple actually said “I do.” Olsen and Sarkozy hosted a secret wedding in Manhattan, where cigarettes were reportedly used for decorations. The former child star hasn’t commented on the nuptials, but has been seen wearing a new wedding band.
TELL US: Do you have a favorite wedding this year? Which of these marriages do you think will go the distance?