Top 10 Weddings Of 2014!
2014 was a huge year for celebrity weddings as some of the biggest stars in the world got married. Check out Gossip Cop’s picks for the top 10 weddings of the year!
1. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt surprised everyone when they announced in August that they had secretly wed. The nuptials came after nearly 10 years of dating, and two years after becoming engaged. It was a truly family affair for the superstars, who had their six children play key roles on the big day. The wedding finally put to rest rumors that the couple was breaking up or had previously wed, though Gossip Cop is still battling near-constant (and all wrong) tabloid claims of an unhappy union.
2. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West certainly had the most extravagant wedding of the year. In May, the couple first flew friends and family to Paris, where a massive party was held at the Palace of Versailles. Guests were then whisked to Florence, where the ceremony was held at the historic Forte di Belvedere. Parts of the lavish events were showcased on “Keeping Up with the Kardashians.”
3. George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin hosted several days of wedding festivities in Venice in September, having both a civil ceremony and a larger full-on affair. The momentous occasion followed just one year of dating and many years of Clooney vowing to never wed again after a failed marriage to Talia Balsam two decades ago. The Oscar winner and activist seems to have found his match in Alamuddin, a human rights lawyer. But, contrary to reports, the couple does NOT have a baby on the way.
4. Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson walked down the aisle in July in front of 250 guests, including famous faces like Jessica Alba and Donald Faison. The couple’s daughter Maxwell was a flower girl while son Ace served as the ring bearer. The special day was followed by sister Ashlee Simpson’s own wedding to Evan Ross in August. They are now expecting their first child together.
5. Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka tied the knot in Italy in September. The actor announced the news on Twitter, writing, “Guess what? @DavidBurtka and I got married over the weekend. In Italy. Yup, we put the ‘n’ and ‘d’ in ‘husband.'” The longtime couple was joined by their twins, Harper and Gideon, as well as A-list pals such as Kelly Ripa and Elton John.
6. Elton John had a wedding of his own, too, marrying David Furnish in London on December 21. In an unusual move, the music icon invited fans to celebrate the festivities with him. He created an Instagram account especially for the wedding, and uploaded photos from the ceremony and reception throughout the day, all with the hashtag, #ShareTheLove.
7. Snooki may have had one of the year’s most creative nuptials. Her November wedding to Jionni LaValle was themed after The Great Gatsby, with wardrobe and decorations inspired by the 1920s. The reality star also had extra reason to celebrate, as she just welcomed their second child, a baby girl, in September.
8. Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade made their love official with an August wedding in Miami, making her a stepmom to the NBA star’s three sons. The affair was attended by famous actors and athletes alike, and John Legend performed. Union was falsely rumored to be pregnant twice this year, most recently earlier this month.
9. Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg said “I Do” in August, with a ceremony that was taped for television. In November it was announced that the footage will serve as the first episode of the upcoming “Donnie Loves Jenny” reality show on A&E, which will document the couple’s first year of marriage.
10. Behati Prinsloo and Adam Levine had a star-studded wedding in Mexico in July, taking the Maroon 5 rocker from Sexiest Man Alive to one of the sexiest husbands alive. Levine’s childhood friend Jonah Hill officiated the ceremony, which was also attended by Robert Downey, Jr., Jason Segel, and Stevie Nicks.
Which was your favorite wedding of 2014?