Top 10 Celebrity Splits Of 2015!
Do you still believe in love? After a number of beloved Hollywood star couples and superstar couples called it quits in 2015, we couldn’t blame you for having doubts. With tissues in hand, Gossip Cop is looking back at the top celebrity splits of 2015.
1. Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner announced on June 30 that they intended to divorce. Married since 2005, the parents of Violet, Seraphina, and Samuel are still separated nearly six months later, as neither has officially filed a divorce petition. In a statement, the former couple said they would “go forward with love and friendship for one another and a commitment to co-parenting our children.” They’ve kept their word so far, regularly spending time together as a family, leading to false reunion rumors.
2. Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert’s July divorce was announced the same day it became finalized. “This is not the future we envisioned. And it is with heavy hearts that we move forward separately,” they said in a statement that sent shock waves through the country music world and beyond. Both were accused of cheating on the other, though no extramarital affairs were actually confirmed. Shelton, who first started dating Lambert in 2005 before marrying in 2011, has since said he and Lambert are still “buddies.”
3. Gwen Stefani filed for divorce from Gavin Rossdale in August after 13 years of marriage. Though their joint statement said the split was a “mutual decision,” Stefani has done a number of interviews suggesting she was blindsided by the breakup. Her current single, “Used To Love You,” is also believed to be about her broken heart. The music stars reached a divorce agreement in October, and will share custody of their three sons, Kingston, Zuma, and Apollo. In November, Stefani began dating Shelton, her colleague on “The Voice.”
4. Kourtney Kardashian dumped Scott Disick in early July after photos of emerged of him getting inappropriately close with stylist Chloe Bartoli while vacationing in Monaco. Disick had been on a month-long partying spree, seemingly abandoning Kardashian and their three children, Mason, Penelope, and Reign. Their relationship, documented on “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” has had countless ups and downs over the years, and while the split initially seemed bitter, they’ve been spotted together again in recent months. It still remains to be seen if they will formally reconcile, though Kardashian has been closing out her year with some Justin Bieber hookups.
5. Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez filed dueling divorce petitions in October after just two years of marriage. Berry cited irreconcilable differences in her petition, and Martinez noted in his that spousal support needed to be worked out. They both requested joint custody of 2-year-old son Maceo, but Berry further asked that Martinez get formal permission before taking him outside of California. “It is with a heavy heart that we have come to the decision to divorce,” they said at the time. “We move forward with love and respect for one another and the shared focus for what is best for our son. We wish each other nothing but happiness in life.”
6. Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green’s separation was reported on August 19, and she filed for divorce a few days later. The official separation date was listed in the petition as June 15. Together since 2004, the breakup came after five years of marriage and the birth of two sons, Noah and Bodhi. Without a prenuptial agreement, it’s likely assets will be split 50-50 and the more successful Fox will pay Green spousal support. Neither has publicly commented on the split, which is said to be amicable.
7. Kaley Cuoco and Ryan Sweeting probably had the most surprising and least surprising split of the year. When the actress and tennis player wed on New Year’s Eve 2013 after only dating for a few months, few expected the relationship to last. But in April 2015, Cuoco angrily shut down divorce rumors, even insisting that the speculation only made them “stronger.” In September, however, a rep announced they had “mutually decided to end their marriage.” In November, Cuoco covered the wedding date tattoo she had on her back.
8. Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards called off their engagement in late July, though it did not become publicly known until August. The former One Direction singer and the Little Mix songstress had been engaged since 2013, and Gossip Cop busted a number of false stories over the last two years wrongly claiming they had wed. By all accounts, Malik dumped Edwards seemingly out of nowhere, though in November he denied claims that he broke up with her via text message. “I have more respect for Perrie than to end anything over text message,” he said in an interview. “I love her a lot, and I always will, and I would never end our relationship over four years like that. She knows that, I know that, and the public should know that as well.”
9. Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger went on a break in April that has turned out to be a permanent split. The pop star and Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son became attached at the hip after first stepping out together in November of 2014. They hit a rough patch, however, after Schwarzenegger was spotted partying with other women while on spring break in March 2015. He publicly denied cheating on Cyrus, but neither has ever commented on the decision to later break up. Over the course of their months-long relationship, Gossip Cop correctly debunked a number of marriage and pregnancy rumors.
10. Avril Lavigne announced her separation from Chad Kroeger in September, nearly a year after the Nickelback front man denied rumors of a split. In a statement posted on Instagram with a photo from their 2013 wedding, the singer said, “Through not only the marriage, but the music as well, we’ve created many unforgettable moments. We are still, and forever will be, the best of friends, and will always care deeply for each other. To all our family, friends and fans, thank you sincerely for the support.” That said, Lavigne, who has spent much of the last two years battling Lyme disease, and Kroeger were seen hanging out together earlier this month.
But that isn’t all. Other breakups in 2015 included Charlize Theron and Sean Penn, Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt, Mandy Moore and Ryan Adams, Britney Spears and Charlie Ebersol, Kate Beckinsale and Len Wiseman, Bobby Flay and Stephanie March, Ariana Grande and Big Sean, Louis Tomlinson and Eleanor Calder, Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn, Nick Jonas and Olivia Culpo, Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock, Sienna Miller and Tom Sturridge, Amanda Seyfried and Justin Long, Courteney Cox and Johnny McDaid, Liam Payne and Sophia Smith, and Yolanda and David Foster. And that still isn’t everyone.
As you can see, Hollywood was most definitely not lucky in love this year. TELL US: Which star split upset you the most?