Celebrity Hackers End Attack: Report
5:17 pm, March 16th, 2013
The hackers who posted personal financial information belonging to celebrities including Beyonce, Tiger Woods, Hillary Clinton, Kim Kardashian, Ashton Kutcher, and Michelle Obama have reportedly ended their cyber attack.
Throughout the week, high-profile figures’ sensitive data, including credit card and banking info, was leaked via the hacking.
When the First Lady was added to the list of victims, the Secret Service opened an investigation.
But on Saturday, the hackers allegedly released a statement indicating that their campaign would conclude.
According to TMZ, the group announced, “Hello everyone, this is our final message. Behind this jolly visage of rainbows and top hats, we are people. People with a preference for music, a preference for food; we have varying taste in clothes and television, we are just like you. Even Hitler and Osama Bin Laden had these unique variations and style, and isn’t that interesting to know?”
“We have enjoyed every minute of the past 12 days of providing entertainment and laughs to all of you, sadly it’s time to say bon voyage — we hope — inspiration, fear, denial, happiness, approval, disapproval, mockery, embarrassment,thoughtfulness, jealousy, hate, even love,” the hackers were quoted as saying.
They reportedly concluded, “If you believe that God makes miracles, you have to wonder if Satan has a few up his sleeve.”
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank