Biggest Celebrity Feuds July 2016
Some big celebrity feuds went down in July! See a list below of just a few of the stars who got into fights with other famous people last month.
1. Taylor Swift vs. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West: June’s biggest feud continued into July after Kardashian released West’s recorded phone call with the singer in which they discussed the controversial lyrics in his song “Famous.” The call featured Swift approving the line, “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex,” but the follow-up lyric, “I made that bitch famous” was never mentioned. The pop star later insisted on Instagram she only took issue with being called “that bitch,” adding, “Being falsely printed as a liar when I was never given the full story or played any part of the song is character assassination.”
2. Taylor Swift vs. Calvin Harris: The DJ slammed his ex-girlfriend on Twitter after her reps confirmed she secretly wrote his hit, “This Is What You Came For,” under a pseudonym. Harris defended his work on the track, writing, “I wrote the music, produced the song, arranged it and cut the vocals though. And initially she wanted it kept secret, hence the pseudonym. Hurtful to me at this point that her and her team would go so far out of their way to try and make ME look bad at this stage though.” He added, “I figure if you’re happy in your new relationship you should focus on that instead of trying to tear your ex bf down for something to do. I know you’re off tour and you need someone new to try and bury like Katy [Perry] ETC but I’m not that guy, sorry. I won’t allow it.”
3. Chloe Grace Moretz vs. Khloe Kardashian: The actress weighted in on Swift’s feud with Kimye by saying people “in the industry” need to focus on the “rEAL world,” and not “petulant and unimportant issues.” Kardashian didn’t appreciate the dig at her sister, and tweeted a photo of a woman she thought was Moretz, whose butt was exposed after a bikini malfunction. The woman in the photo, however, was not the Kick-Ass actress. Many people accused Kardashian of being a bully, but she stood her ground and tweeted, “Refrain from commenting on my family and OUR business.”
4. Tara Reid vs. Jenny McCarthy: The two women traded veiled insults during an interview on McCarthy’s radio show after the host asked Reid questions about plastic surgery and her appearance on “Marriage Boot Camp,” despite Reid insisting she only wanted to talk about her movie Sharknado 4. But McCarthy didn’t let up with her line of questioning about other topics, resulting in Reid storming out of the studio.
5. Amy Schumer vs. Ashley Graham: The model called out the comedienne in her Cosmopolitan cover story after Schumer complained about being included in an issue of Glamour about “plus size” celebrities. Graham, who was also included in the piece, said Schumer’s opposition to it “felt like a double standard,” further noting, “Amy talks about being a big girl in the industry. You thrive on being a big girl, but when you’re grouped in with us, you’re not happy about it?”
6. Demi Lovato vs. Perez Hilton: After the blogger randomly tried to reignite the singer’s feud with Mariah Carey, she sent him a private Twitter message asking to “let it go already,” adding that it was “unnecessary and the type of s**t that made me unfollow you.” But instead of letting it go, Perez published Lovato’s off-the-record DM’s and called her “petty.”
Stay tuned for Gossip Cop’s August 2016 installment of celebrity feuds!