Celebrity Feuds January 2017
The year kicked off with some big celebrity feuds! See a list below of just a few of the stars who got into fights with other famous people in January 2017.
1. Chris Brown vs. Soulja Boy: The rappers began trading jabs on social media after Soulja liked an Instagram photo of Brown’s ex-girlfriend Karrueche Tran. Soulja claimed Brown threatened him over the phone for liking the post, but Brown denied the claim. After posting a series of insulting videos and messages back and forth, Brown eventually challenged the fellow rapper to a boxing match. Soulja accepted, and the battle has been scheduled to go down in Dubai in March. Soulja has teamed up with Floyd Mayweather in preparation for the fight, while Brown has employed the help of Mike Tyson.
2. Meryl Streep vs. Donald Trump: While accepting her Cecil B. DeMille Award at the Golden Globes, the actress ripped into Trump for reportedly mocking a disabled reporter. Trump later called Streep “one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood,” as well as a “Hillary flunky.” The president also once again denied he was making fun of the handicapped journalist, but insisted he “simply showed him ‘groveling.'”
3. Ewan McGregor vs. Piers Morgan: The actor cancelled a scheduled interview with the TV personality after he slammed the Women’s March. McGregor tweeted, “Was going on Good Morning Britain, didn’t realise @piersmorgan was host. Won’t go on with him after his comments about #WomensMarch.” Morgan immediately fired back on Twitter and in a Daily Mail article with the headline, ““Memo to anyone who voted for Trump or Brexit — pedophile-loving hypocrite Ewan McGregor holds you in utter contempt. So why on earth would you want to see any of his movies ever again?” He went on to call McGregor unprofessional for bailing and suggested he confront him on-air instead.
4. Azealia Banks vs. Rihanna: The rapper and singer fought on social media after Rihanna slammed Trump over his immigration ban. Banks shot back that the Barbados-born Rihanna isn’t American and can’t vote, and therefore shouldn’t have an opinion on the matter. She backed the president’s decision, and continued to call out Rihanna for using her celebrity status “to stir the public.” After Rihanna continued to defend immigrants on Instagram, Banks said that the singer “grew up in a dirt yard” and will sleep with “every motherf*cker who I think I can get to write me songs or buy me drugs.”
5. Charlie Sheen vs. Rihanna: During an interview on “Watch What Happens Live,” Sheen referred to the singer as “that bitch” when asked if the two had ever resolved their beef. The initial incident occurred in 2014 when Rihanna declined to meet Sheen’s then-fiancee Brett Rossi at a restaurant. The actor, however, decided to make peace following his interview, writing on Twitter, “dear @rihanna, pardon my inane self indulgence. let’s have a drink someday (on me).”
6. Mariah Carey vs. Dick Clark Productions: Following the singer’s disastrous New Year’s Eve performance, during which technical difficulties ruined her set, Carey accused the show’s production team of intentionally sabotaging her. But Dick Clark Productions later released a statement dismissing Carey’s theory and vehemently denying the accusation.
Stay tuned for Gossip Cop’s February 2017 installment of celebrity feuds!