Biggest Celebrity Feuds Of February 2016
Some big celebrity feuds were either begun or simply reheated in February, with several stars spending the month fighting with one another. The list below includes just a few of the A-listers who were in altercations with other famous people in February. See the biggest celebrity feuds below!
1. Kanye West vs. Taylor Swift: The most epic celebrity feud of the month has to go to the reignited hostility between West and Swift. It all started after West debuted his new track “Famous,” which features the lyric, “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex. Why? I made that bitch famous.” Following backlash over his controversial song, West claimed that Swift was aware of the line ahead of time and gave him permission to reference her. Swift’s rep, however, later told Gossip Cop that the singer never approved of the lyric, and actually tried to dissuade the rapper from releasing a track with a “misogynistic message.” Meanwhile, Swift went on to win Album of the Year for 1989 at the Grammy Awards, where she fired back at West during her acceptance speech. She urged other young women to make sure not to let others “undercut your success or take credit for your accomplishments or your fame.”
2. Kesha vs. Dr. Luke: More than a year ago, Kesha filed a lawsuit to break free from a record contract with her music producer, who claims sexually abused her. Dr. Luke later filed a countersuit, insisting that the allegations are false and the singer is trying to extort him. Earlier this month, a judge denied Kesha’s motion to be released from her contract, causing an uproar among many of the singer’s fans, who have participated in various protests. For his part, Dr. Luke continues to vehemently deny ever having sex with Kesha, and claims her lawsuit is “only motivated by money.”
3. Demi Lovato vs. Taylor Swift: The situation between Kesha and Dr. Luke inadvertently led to another feud. After Swift donated $250,000 to support Kesha, Lovato slammed Swift’s gift, tweeting, “Take something to Capitol Hill or actually speak out about something and then I’ll be impressed.” Lovato later backed down on her criticism of Swift, saying, “Everyone has their own way of giving support to others, and at the end of the day, helping victims is all that matters.”
4. Ciara vs. Future: The exes have been engaged in a custody battle for sometime now, but the situation escalated this month after Ciara filed a $15 million defamation lawsuit against the father of her two-year-old son. After Future claimed during a radio interview that she was an unfit mother, Ciara demanded a court award her monetary damages and prevent the rapper from speaking publicly about her and their child.
5. Donald Trump vs. The Pope: After Pope Francis I told reporters that Trump was “not Christian,” based on his stance on immigration, the Republican presidential candidate shot back in a press release that the Pope was “disgraceful” for questioning his faith. The GOP frontrunner then went on to say that the Pope will be sorry “when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS,” which Trump claims will happen if he isn’t elected president.
Stay tuned for Gossip Cop’s next installment of celebrity feuds in March!