Celebrity Feuds December 2016
The year 2016 ended with a handful of celebrity feuds. There were several wars of words, and even a wardrobe war. See which stars had fights with other famous people in December.
1. Dane Cook vs Nick Cannon: Cook blasted Cannon on Instagram for wearing a pink turban to the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Along with a photo of Cannon, Cook wrote, “Last night Nick Cannon wore this sh*t.” He added, “He put this on his head and he looked in a mirror and he walked away from the mirror without saying to himself, ‘Hey self mayyyyyybe I shouldn’t look like Zoltan and wear a f***ing pink turban with one of the infinity stones from Avengers on it.'” Cook then ranted, “I’m gonna have to call Nick out here and say he Cannon’t wear this f***ing thing again.” The “America’s Got Talent” host, who’s worn turbans before, responded to Cook, “Call me so I can explain this Muthaf***in King Business to you!!”
2. Gucci Mane vs. radio host Angela Yee: Mane fought with Yee during an interview on “The Breakfast Club” when he claimed she tried to have sex with him. In the middle of promoting his new album, The Return of East Atlanta Santa, Mane said they had a “history.” And when her colleagues asked whether they “smashed,” Mane said, “She did try,” to which Yee replied, “That’s a lie… I was not on your d*ck. Stop it!” But Mane told her listeners that she once texted him, asking what hotel he was in. “You must got me confused with somebody else,” Yee angrily shot back, adding, “On my unborn child, I have never hit [up] Gucci.”
3. Rob Kardashian vs. Blac Chyna: Shortly before Christmas, Kardashian slammed Chyna for taking their baby Dream and leaving him. He posted a teary video on Instagram of his empty house, which he claimed was cleaned out by Chyna. Referencing private text messages that were seemingly hacked and posted on her Instagram account, which gave the impression she cheated on and used him, Kardashian wrote on social media, “I was in love with this woman to the fullest and I was none of that to her.” He added, “I can’t believe she did this to me.” What emerged later was Chyna hit Kardashian in a drunken fight before splitting with their daughter. He later posted an apology to Chyna for his “flaws/issues,” and the two appeared to have reconciled. Chyna was by his side when Kardashian was recently hospitalized with a diabetes-related emergency, and the two even spent New Year’s Eve together.
4. Camila Cabello vs. Fifth Harmony: Following Fifth Harmony’s Jingle Ball performance in Miami, Ally Brooke, Normani Kordei, Dinah Jane and Lauren Jauregui issued a statement that said, “We have been informed via her representatives that Camila has decided to leave Fifth Harmony.” Cabello later shot back, “I was shocked to read the statement the Fifth Harmony account posted without my knowing.” She further groused the contention that “they were just informed through my representatives that I was ‘leaving the group’ is simply not true.” “I did not intend to end things with Fifth Harmony this way,” she added. But the remaining members responded one more time, claiming that for months they wanted to meet with her about doing another album and she “refused.” The four other women said they even wanted to discuss it at “group counseling which [Cabello] didn’t show up to,” leaving them ultimately “saddened” and “truly hurt.”
5. Avril Lavigne vs. Mark Zuckerberg: Lavigne slammed the Facebook founder after he dissed Chad Kroeger’s band, Nickelback. In a video promoting Jarvis, a new artificial intelligence system that’s voiced by Morgan Freeman, Zuckerberg asked the device to “play us some good Nickelback songs.” Freeman’s voice responded, “I’m sorry Mark, I’m afraid I can’t do that. There are no good Nickelback songs,” to which a pleased Zuckerberg said, “Good. That was actually a test.” But Lavigne was unamused by the joke, and tweeted a note that read, “Dear Mark, Many people use your products — some people love them and some people don’t. Either way, you’re allowed your musical opinion however, your jab at Nickelback is in poor taste.” She also suggested Zuckerberg be “more responsible with promoting bullying.”
Stay tuned for Gossip Cop’s January 2017 installment of celebrity feuds!