10 Hottest New Couples Of 2014
2014 brought some sizzling hot new relationships to Hollywood, as unexpected stars coupled up, longtime friends took things to the next level, and one actor even got engaged to his dream woman. Some pairings, like Chris Martin and Jennifer Lawrence, Khloe Kardashian and French Montana, and Zac Efron and Michelle Rodriguez, burned bright and then fizzled out. But Gossip Cop thinks these 10 hot couples have a great shot of lasting well into the New Year.
1. Robert Pattinson and FKA Twigs turned heads when they were first spotted together over the summer. Were they friends? Something more? It was confirmed to be the latter, particularly when they were photographed holding hands in Venice in September. Since then, the two have embarked on a global romance, showing PDA throughout Europe, Canada, and the United States. Unfortunately, the relationship has brought out the worst in some people, with haters taking to social media to trash Twigs, and even send her death threats. The British singer took to Twitter to slam the comments, saying, “I am genuinely shocked and disgusted at the amount of racism that has been infecting my account the past week. Racism is unacceptable in the real world and it’s unacceptable online.” In a November interview, she said Pattinson was “very worth it” despite the wrath of “14-year-old kids that should be in bed.” Another adjustment she’s had to make is accepting paparazzi attention that comes with, as she put it, “the man that I love.”
2. Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello’s Christmas Day engagement is a dream come true for the “True Blood” actor. After he gushed about his crush on Vergara during his Hottest Bachelor interview for People, they began dating in July, just weeks after she split from longtime fiancé Nick Loeb. “She’s got the curves, she’s got a beautiful face, beautiful hair, just gorgeous. Naturally beautiful. And she’s feisty,” Manganiello told the magazine, explaining why he thought the actress was “perfect.” The feeling ended up being mutual, and the stars became practically inseparable over the next six months. Vergara posted a birthday tribute to the Magic Mike star last weekend, writing, “Happy happy bday to my love and best friend, to the one that makes me laugh like crazy! have a healthy wonderful year babe!” It was extremely sweet, but all the more meaningful once it was revealed the two were secretly engaged.
3. Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden pulled off a secret engagement as well. The stars began dating in the spring after being set up by the rocker’s sister-in-law, Nicole Richie. They made their feelings quite apparent for each other by showing PDA on both coasts, but interestingly, have yet to actually comment on the relationship. Madden even called out the media in June, for falsely claiming he had spoken about Diaz in an interview. He tweeted, “When media take interviews & twist them into stories to get cheap web hits – don’t let it get to U.” Madden apparently took his own advice, and quietly became engaged to Diaz this fall. As they remain mum, the actress is letting a sparkler on her finger do all the talking for her.
4. Britney Spears found herself devastated by one relationship and rejuvenated by another this year. The pop star dumped David Lucado in late August after he cheated on her… and it was caught on video. While Spears was said to be privately crushed, she put on a happy face publicly, even declaring during a concert, “The best thing about your boyfriend cheating on you is that you get to go on another first date!” A first date with Charlie Ebersol came in the fall, and they went public with their blossoming romance in November. By December, the television and film producer, who is the son of legendary NBC executive Dick Ebersol, was spending time with Spears’ kids. Naturally, a false tabloid engagement story followed, but the couple appears to be going strong, with Ebersol joining the singer’s family for Christmas.
5. Ariana Grande and Big Sean began mixing business with pleasure over the summer. The collaborators, who worked together on Grande’s songs “Right There,” “Problem,” and “Best Mistake,” started heating up a few months after the rapper ended his engagement to Naya Rivera. The couple shared their relationship with fans through social media, exchanging adoring tweets, and, this fall, posting loved-up photos. In a September interview with Ryan Seacrest, Sean gushed, “Ariana’s very very special, and she’s very special to me.” That specialness was on display when the two held hands while performing together on “A Very Grammy Christmas,” after which Sean posted a backstage kissing photo on Instagram.
6. Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed hooked up several months after she separated from Paul McDonald, and one month after filing for divorce. The actors, who coincidentally both starred in vampire projects, first sparked romance rumors after they were seen getting affectionate in late July. By early August, Somerhalder had announced that he and Reed adopted a “baby boy.” Of course, it was a horse, and not an actual human child, but the stars, who bonded over their love of animals and passion for environmental causes, went on to increasingly show off their relationship on social media. In October, Somerhalder posted a tribute to Reed on Instagram, telling her, in part, “You amaze me.” She even spent the Christmas holiday skiing with his family.
7. Lea Michele and Matthew Paetz made for one of the year’s most surprising matches, when it was reported in June that the “Glee” star was dating the former gigolo. Paetz’s alleged past didn’t seem to bother Michele much as she went into her first relationship since the death of longtime boyfriend, Cory Monteith. Still, the actress-singer didn’t speak about the romance at all for quite some time, but then let her feelings be known in October, when she shared an Instagram picture of herself with Paetz, writing, “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” The couple went on to make their formal debut later that month, when Michele brought her beau to the amfAR Inspiration Gala.
8. Charlize Theron and Sean Penn started off 2014 with their new romance, going on a New Year’s vacation and engaging in PDA at the actor’s Help Haiti Home gala in early January. The longtime friends have been hot and heavy ever since, and became something of a family unit, with Penn frequently spending time with Theron’s son. He’s called Theron a “keeper,” and she sang his praises in Vogue, explaining how the relationship “just kind of naturally happened, and before I knew it, I was in something that was making my life better — the people who really love me can see the effect it has had on me.” While the actress has spoken openly about her disinterest in marriage, engagement speculation has nonetheless swirled. Our favorite rumor, though, came about in early December, when the National Enquirer hilariously claimed Penn was caught was a “mystery blonde” at a hotel. The woman, as Gossip Cop correctly pointed out, was actually Theron.
9. Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger made no secret of their new relationship in November when they made out on the football field at a USC game. Schwarzenegger, the son Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver, actually first admitted his crush on the star back in 2011, while she was with now ex-fiancé Liam Hemsworth. Schwarzenegger marks her first relationship since that breakup, and he helped celebrate her birthday at a sex toy-filled party last month. In just a short time, they’ve already taken their romance to Miami and Nashville, and were most recently seen post-Christmas in Idaho with his dad, the former governor. Cyrus even posted on Instagram this week, “have da best bf eva.”
10. Kylie Jenner and Tyga haven’t confirmed their relationship, and he even claimed that they’re just friends, but that’s likely because she’s 17 and he’s 25, making their romance technically illegal. Nevertheless, the stars have been seen getting quite close this fall, and took a trip to Europe together in October. And earlier this month, Jenner raised eyebrows after posting an Instagram photo in which she appears to be nuzzling Tyga in his bedroom, one day after they delivered Christmas presents to hospitalized kids. The reality star, however, was also recently forced to deny tabloid stories claiming she was pregnant and that they were eloping.