11 Biggest Celebrity Breakups of 2011
1. Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries: After just 72 days of marriage, Kardashian filed for divirce from Humphries. The move resulted in a massive public backlash against the Kardashian brand, with many speculating the whole marriage was a money-making farce. In the end, it seems the couple was just ill-matched and rushed into things.
2. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver: Shriver filed for divorce from her husband of 25 years after learning he had fathered a child out of wedlock with their housekeeper thirteen years ago. The couple has managed to maintain a friendship despite the scandal.
3. Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher: Moore attempted to reconcile with Kutcher after he allegedly cheated on her the night of their sixth wedding anniversary, but in the end, she could not forgive him for the betrayal and humiliation.
6. Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris: The former Playboy model hitched Hefner just four days before they were due to tie the knot. The “runaway bride” later auctioned off her engagement ring, and claimed to Howard Stern that Hefner lasted “like two seconds” in bed.
8. Jesse James and Kat Von D: Von D and Sandra Bullock‘s cheating ex-husband called off their engagement in September. Later, the former “L.A. Ink” star revealed James had also cheated on her, with at least 19 different women.
Tell Gossip Cop: Which couple were you the most disappointed to see call it quits? And what other splits shocked you?