10 Celebrity Babies Of 2016!
For some, 2016 will go down as one of the worst years in recent memory. But a number of stars had a lot to celebrate, welcoming little bundles of joy into the world. Check out some of the celebrities who gave birth this year, and the famous babies who were born in 2016!
1. Chrissy Teigen and John Legend became first-time parents in April, announcing the arrival of daughter Luna on Instagram. Since then, the proud parents have used the social media site to document life with their little one. In October, that included adorably showing Luna wearing different Halloween costumes. Like her mama, she’s a natural in front of the camera. And Legend has already found much inspiration in Luna, dedicating a song to her on his recent album.
2. Louis Tomlinson was the first One Direction member to become a father when Freddie Reign was born in January. Though he and Freddie’s mom, Briana Jungwirth, aren’t a couple, the singer has embraced daddy duties. Along with occasionally sharing photos of the baby boy on Instagram, he posted on Father’s Day, “Happy Father’s Day to every lucky lad out there who’s someone’s daddy! Thoroughly enjoyed my first :) Love you Freddie son X.” Tragically, Tomlinson lost his own mom, Johanna Deakin, to leukemia in early December.
3. Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo welcomed Dusty Rose in September, after announcing in March that the model was expecting their first child. Prinsloo went on to show off her baby bump throughout her pregnancy, and in one Instagram snapshot, Levine even amusingly compared his own belly to his wife’s. In October, however, “The Voice” coach was falsely accused of child abuse after an anonymous caller filed a complaint with the LAPD. Levine was cleared in an investigation that confirmed the allegations were made up.
4. Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna went from unexpected new couple to spouses-to-be to parents all in the course of 2016. After hooking up in January, they revealed their engagement in April. The following month, the stars announced they had a baby on the way, too. Dream Kardashian was born in November, with the pair even filming a “Mannequin Challenge” video in the delivery room. Their notoriously up-and-down relationship included a December baby special on E!, which aired one night after Chyna took Dream and “left” Kardashian. The two have patched things up… for now.
5. Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis became parents for the second time with the arrival of daughter Daisy in October. Announcing her birth on Instagram, the actress noted, “Born, like a boss, on #internationaldayofthegirl.” Daisy joined big brother Otis, 2. Wilde made headlines in December for questioning an advertisement for a breast pump bra featuring a woman who “definitely did not recently birth a child who requires breastmilk to be pumped.” Still, she noted, “I own this bra and it’s awesome.”
6. Megan Fox shocked fans in April by revealing a baby bump while seemingly estranged from husband Brian Austin Green, from whom she had filed for divorce last year. As speculation swirled about their apparently on-again relationship, Fox hilariously posted a photo on Instagram showing “who’s not the father.” Pictured were co-stars Shia LaBeouf, Will Arnett, and Jake Johnson. Fox eventually gave birth to Journey River, her third son with Green, in August.
7. Kelly Clarkson expanded her brood with Brandon Blackstock with the addition of son Remington. In April, the baby boy joined their daughter River Rose, as well as Blackstock’s two older children. Clarkson, who has spoken warmly about being a stepmom, recently admitted that they don’t plan to add to the family even further. In fact, she even confessed to forcing Blackstock to get a vasectomy. That may actually be a musical loss, as Clarkson’s pregnancy fueled her emotional “Piece By Piece” performance on “American Idol,” and her poignant Hamilton Mixtape cover of “It’s Quiet Uptown.”
8. Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher now have one of each after welcoming son Dimitri in November, just over two years after starting their family with daughter Wyatt. Prior to the little guy’s arrival, Kutcher admitted in a “Today” show interview that he was “terrified” to have a second child, and wasn’t preparing like he did for their first. Fortunately, everything is going smoothly so far, although Gossip Cop recently debunked a HollywoodLife story ridiculously claiming Kunis was “already trying” for a third child just weeks after giving birth.
9. Eva Mendes has now managed to keep not one, but two pregnancies largely under wraps. It was revealed in April that the actress, who is notoriously private when it comes to her relationship with Ryan Gosling, was expecting their second child. That same month, she gave birth to a baby girl named Amada. The hush-hushness of it all mirrored how the couple handled welcoming their first child, Esmeralda, in 2014. Like then, the stars did not formally announce they were having a child.
10. Ryan Reynolds became even more of an odd man out when Blake Lively welcomed their second daughter in September. The newborn, reportedly named Ines, followed the 2014 birth of daughter James. Like Mendes and Gosling, the couple has chosen to keep most details about their family out of the spotlight. But in December, Lively and Reynolds publicly posed for photos with their children for the first time when the actor was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In his acceptance speech, he sweetly thanked Lively for making his dreams of fatherhood come true.
Others who welcomed little ones in 2016 include Cat Deeley, Ben McKenzie and Morena Baccarin, Ivanka Trump, Seth Meyers, Nick Carter, Eddie Murphy, JWoww, Michael Phelps, Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys, Chelsea Clinton, Eddie Redmayne, Audrina Patridge, Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici, Emily Blunt and John Krasinski, Ali Fedotowsky, Nicky Hilton, Alec and Hilaria Baldwin, Kerry Washington, Desiree Hartsock, Kevin and Danielle Jonas, Mick Jagger, and Nick and Vanessa Lachey.
In 2017, Hollywood will be home to another generation of celebrity mini-mes. Among the stars due to give birth are Cheryl Cole, Katherine Heigl, Peta Murgatroyd, Pink, Natalie Portman, Marion Cotillard, Tori Spelling, Ciara, Amanda Seyfried and Irina Shayk.