10 Celebrity Babies Of 2015!
Hollywood welcomed a new crop of mini-mes in 2015, as dozens of celebrities welcomed babies. Keira Knightley, Carey Mulligan, Leighton Meester, and Naya Rivera were just some of the stars who gave birth over the last year. Who else contributed to the next generation? Check out the list below!
1. Kim Kardashian certainly had one of the most documented pregnancies of 2015, after announcing in the spring that she and Kanye West were expecting their second child. The reality star took fans on the journey with her, opening up about health problems and even sharing a naked baby bump selfie. North West finally became a big sister on December 5, when Kardashian gave birth to a baby boy about three weeks before her due date. A few days later, the proud parents revealed the newborn’s name is Saint West, but they have yet to release a photo of the little one.
2. Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake became first-time parents with the arrival of Silas Randall in April, just a few months after confirming they were expecting. Days after the birth was announced, the couple shared the first photo of their baby boy. In August, Timberlake joined Taylor Swift on her “1989 World Tour,” performing for the first time since becoming a dad. And in October, Biel praised her hubby for changing diapers in the middle of the night.
3. The royal family added a princess when Kate Middleton and Prince William welcomed baby Charlotte on May 2. Excitement brimmed across the globe, and congratulations poured in worldwide. Middleton once again wowed by posing for photos just days after giving birth, but the real sweetness came when shots were released of Prince George holding his baby sister in June. In September and October, Gossip Cop debunked reports falsely claiming Middleton was pregnant again with her third child.
4. Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher welcomed their first child, Isaiah Michael, in February, though the news was not revealed until early March. Later that month, the couple released a precious photo of their baby boy showing him clutching a small hockey stick, a nod to Fisher’s NHL career. In July, Underwood had a fright after the months-old baby boy was accidentally locked in her car. The singer had to break the window in order to get back in, but thankfully, Isaiah was not harmed at all.
5. Mark Zuckerberg and wife Priscilla Chan revealed in July that they were expecting a baby girl. Naturally, the announcement was made with a baby bump photo on Facebook. The couple similarly used the site to announce their daughter’s birth on December 1. Since then, the proud papa has been posting photos of Maxima (a.k.a Max) on his personal page. In honor of their little girl, the first-time parents have pledged to donate 99 percent of their Facebook shares to charity.
6. Ashlee Simpson became a mother for the second time when she gave birth to daughter Jagger on July 30. This was the first child for the actress-singer and husband Evan Ross. Simpson is also mom to son Bronx from her marriage to Pete Wentz. In September, the star shared the first photo of her baby girl, writing that “she’s everything.” Simpson also called Ross the “best daddy in the world.”
7. Coco and Ice-T revealed on the premiere episode of their “Ice & Coco” talk show that they were expecting a baby girl after 14 years together. The longtime couple announced the child would be named Chanel, and used social media to give fans updates on Coco’s pregnancy. The mom-to-be was repeatedly criticized for having a small baby bump, and Gossip Cop even corrected a report that falsely accused her of faking the pregnancy. Coco ended up giving birth to a healthy daughter on November 28. The infant now has her own Instagram page with more than 200,000 followers.
8. The Duggar clan grew by three this year. Jill Duggar and husband Derick Dillard welcomed son Israel in April. In July, Josh Duggar and wife Anna added a baby girl to their brood, their fourth child. The birth came just weeks after he confessed to molesting minors when he was a teen and a short time before he admitted to cheating on Anna and having a pornography addiction. Then in November, some bliss returned to the “19 Kids and Counting” family when Jessa Duggar and husband Ben Seewald celebrated the arrival of son Spurgeon.
9. On December 16, Dwayne Johnson became the proud father of a baby girl named Jasmine. The wrestler-turner-actor had only confirmed reports that he and longtime girlfriend Lauren Hashian were expecting in November. A few days after the birth, Johnson shared a photo of himself cradling his daughter on Instagram, writing that “Christmas came early.” This marked the second girl for Johnson, who is already dad to 14-year-old Simone from a previous marriage.
10. While this technically isn’t a birth, Chris Brown unexpectedly became a father in March when he found out he was dad to a baby girl named Royalty. The singer fathered the child during a one-night stand with Nia Guzman, but was unaware of his paternity until Royalty was 9 months old. Brown immediately embraced being a father, even battling Guzman in court for fair visitation. And earlier this month, he released a new album called Royalty, named after his daughter.
With Chrissy Teigen, Kelly Clarkson, JWoww, Chelsea Clinton, and more currently pregnant, 2016 will have another celebrity baby boom. TELL US: Do you have a favorite celeb birth from 2015?