10 Celebrity Babies Of 2014
There was a major baby boom in 2014, as Hollywood stars welcomed the next generation. Some celebrities became first-time parents, while others expanded their families for the second or third time. Will the tykes grow up to be the stars of tomorrow? It’s too soon to know, but exciting all the same. Check out 10 celebrity births from 2014!
1. Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis became parents with the arrival of a baby boy in April. Wilde announced the news by humorously tweeting, “Ladies and gentlemen, Otis Alexander Sudeikis has LEFT the building! (I’m the building).” She also shared a precious photo of herself cuddling the newborn. Wilde went on to pose for a gorgeous breastfeeding spread in Glamour (see photo right).
2. Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher had major baby joy after welcoming Wyatt Isabelle Kutcher on September 30. Kutcher told Ellen DeGeneres, “The most amazing thing about having a baby is my partner, Mila. She’s the greatest mom.” The new dad amusingly posted multiple baby photos on his website, making fans try to guess which one was actually Wyatt. And the answer still hasn’t been revealed!
3. Kelly Clarkson gave birth to River Rose Blackstock on June 12, her first child with husband Brandon Blackstock. The singer said she was “on cloud nine,” and shared the first photo of the “greatest thing on the planet” just a few days later. Since then Clarkson has been delighting fans with photos of River at her first concert, with her first guitar, meeting Santa, and more.
4. Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick grew their family once again, welcoming another boy in December, on the exact same day their eldest child, Mason, turned 5. As Gossip Cop pointed out, multiple outlets incorrectly claimed the couple was expecting a girl in the months before the birth. In actuality, 2-year-old Penelope remains their only daughter, now a big sister to Reign Aston Disick.
5. Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling shocked fans when it was revealed in July that they were secretly expecting a baby, particularly since the actress lied to Ellen DeGeneres about being pregnant in February. The stars, notoriously private about their relationship, went on to welcome baby girl Esmeralda Amada Gosling in September. In her first post-birth TV appearance, Mendes explained to DeGeneres that keeping the pregnancy hidden for as long as possible was “the first opportunity we can give her to protect her, so that I had a nice, calm pregnancy, which I did.”
6. Lauren Silverman made Simon Cowell a first-time dad in February, months after it was revealed he had fathered a child with the wife of his longtime friend. Silverman and now ex-husband Andrew, who have a son together, divorced before little Eric Cowell made his debut. Cowell infamously said in past years that he had no interest in parenthood, but has since become completely smitten, even saying in his first interview after the birth that he was “born to be a dad.”
7. Scarlett Johansson and Romain Dauriac quietly became parents with the arrival of baby girl Rose, as announced in September, one year after becoming engaged. She has yet to openly talk about her daughter, or marrying Dauriac the following month. A wrong tabloid story in early December falsely claimed the actress was now giving pregnancy advice to Blake Lively, who is expecting her first child with Johansson’s ex-husband Ryan Reynolds in 2015.
8. Kerry Washington and Nnamdi Asomugha celebrated the birth of their first child, Isabele Amarachi Asomugha, on April 21, though the news wasn’t revealed until May. The actress, who later shared that the baby girl was named after her grandmother, memorably had to hide her pregnancy on “Scandal,” and went on to receive high praise from none other than President Obama. “She showed me her baby pictures, and that is one cute baby,” he said at an event in July.
9. JWoww and Roger Mathews gave amusing statements when “the newest guidette,” Meilani Alexandra, was born on July 13, joking that the newborn was “already looking to trade her baby bottle for barbells.” And MTV quipped that the network was “fist pumping in celebration” over the “newest member to the MTV family.” It was all the more exciting when JWoww’s BFF Snooki welcomed a daughter of her own, Giovanna, in September, as now the reality stars are happily raising their two girls together.
10. Emily Blunt and John Krasinski revealed they were officially parents when their baby girl was born in February. The actor tweeted, “Wanted to let the news out directly. Emily and I are so incredibly happy to welcome our daughter Hazel into the world today! Happy bday!” The couple shared the first photo of their little one on Twitter in May, with Krasinski explaining, “Pics of kids should only come direct from parents. So I’m thrilled to introduce you guys to Hazel!!! #NoKidsPolicy.”