Celebrities React to Death of Patrice O’Neal
2:49 pm, November 29th, 2011
Charlie Sheen, who was the target of O’Neal’s jokes during his Comedy Central Roast, wrote, “The entertainment world as well as the world at large lost a brilliant man today. Patrice had that rare ‘light’ around him and inside of him. I only knew him for the few days leading up the Roast. Yet I will forever be inspired by his nobility, his grace and his epic talent. My tears today are for the tremendous loss to his true friends and loving family.”
Sara Silverman said, “RIP Patrice O’Neal. You made us laugh til we cried.”
Seth Meyers tweeted, “RIP Patrice O’Neal. A day spent watching clips of him on-line is a day well spent.”
“Patrice O’Neal. One of the funniest men who ever walked this earth. RIP,” added Denis Leary.
Colin Quinn expressed, “Thanks to everybody for the Patrice ONeal comments. One of a kind. In heaven right now, charming half and infuriating half, then reversing.”
Kate Walsh: “God Bless Patrice O’ Neal, I’m so glad I got to meet you and hear your funny f’in words. A truly singular voice.”
David Alan Grier said, “RIP Patrice Oneal...Amazing artist. Your voice n spirit will b missed.”
“So damn funny and so smart and such a giant heart,” noted Bob Saget.
Joe Rogan tweeted, “RIP to my friend Patrice O’Neal, a great thinker, a great comic, and a great human being. He had a truly unique perspective on this world.”
Nick Cannon reacted, “An amazing comedian and an even better person.”
Jim Gaffigan called O’Neal, “Undeniably brilliant.”
“I started my career w/ Patrice O’Neal,” recalled Dane Cook. ”He was 1 of the best ever. Fond memories of road gigs, late night eats & laughs.”
Vinny Guadagnino said, “RIP Patrice O‘neal..You were one of the best.”
Norma Macdonald offered, “The best comedian in the world has died. I love you, Patrice.”
“RIP brother,” wrote Drew Carey. “My heart goes out to the family.”
Gossip Cop will update with more celebrity reactions.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired