Celeb Moms Weigh In on Controversial TIME Breastfeeding Cover
6:34 pm, May 11th, 2012
The new Time magazine has created some major buzz with its striking cover image of blogger Jamie Lynne Grumet breastfeeding her three-year-old son.
Grumet’s photo is used to illustrate “attachment parenting,” an approach that includes not just extended breastfeeding of children but also “co-sleeping” and “baby wearing” in slings.
Some celebrity moms have now weighed in on the controversial cover.
Alyssa Milano, whose son Milo was born nine months ago, took issue with the Grumet image, tweeting, “@Time, no! You missed the mark! You’re supposed to be making it easier for breastfeeding moms. Your cover is exploitive & extreme.”
Mayim Bialik has written a book about her experience as an attachment parent and praised Grumet in a Facebook post.
“I was shocked how amazing her story was. And breastfeeding an adopted baby is incredible,” wrote Bialik. “And she gave an educated and eloquent set of responses. I would not have done a photo shoot myself, but I respect her and think she is a smart woman.”
Not surprisingly, non-breastfeeders like Dane Cook had a slightly different take on the picture.
“Time Magazine’s cover is pretty ballsy or t**sy,” wrote the comedian. “The kid looks nourished. Wonder if they call that the yum yum chair.”
It’s obviously a provocative story that raises some interesting questions about parenting.
Where do you stand?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted