Cee Lo Green Stirs Controversy Over “Religion” By Changing “Imagine” Lyrics
12:34 pm, January 1st, 2012VIDEO
The singer performed John Lennon’s “Imagine,” and injected a little religion into the song, angering fans of the late singer and atheists as well.
Rather than singing, “Nothing to kill or die for, And no religion too,” Green belted out, “Nothing to kill or die for, And all religion’s true.”
Steven Olsen, a writer and professed “advocate of atheism,” tweeted at Green, “The whole point of that lyric is that religion causes harm. If ‘all relgion’s true’ it would be a pretty bleak place.”
Artist Skye Nicolas added on Twitter, “Look man, you’re nothing close to John’s intellect. You editing the song makes it a Pro Religion song and not a SECULAR song!”
Green angrily responded to his detractors by repeatedly quoting the main lyric of his hit song, “F**k you.” He later erased his expletive-filled messages.
Check out the video below of Green’s performance.
The lyric change is at the 5:04 mark. Tell us if you object to his rewording of the song.
Like us on Facebook!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan