Cee Lo Green Stirs Controversy Over “Religion” By Changing “Imagine” Lyrics
12:34 pm, January 1st, 2012VIDEO
The singer performed John Lennon’s “Imagine,” and injected a little religion into the song, angering fans of the late singer and atheists as well.
Rather than singing, “Nothing to kill or die for, And no religion too,” Green belted out, “Nothing to kill or die for, And all religion’s true.”
Steven Olsen, a writer and professed “advocate of atheism,” tweeted at Green, “The whole point of that lyric is that religion causes harm. If ‘all relgion’s true’ it would be a pretty bleak place.”
Artist Skye Nicolas added on Twitter, “Look man, you’re nothing close to John’s intellect. You editing the song makes it a Pro Religion song and not a SECULAR song!”
Green angrily responded to his detractors by repeatedly quoting the main lyric of his hit song, “F**k you.” He later erased his expletive-filled messages.
Check out the video below of Green’s performance.
The lyric change is at the 5:04 mark. Tell us if you object to his rewording of the song.
Like us on Facebook!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
You might like:
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Scandalous Dancing With the Stars' Hookups
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Best & Worst Beach Bods of 2012
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Victoria Secret Models' Diet & Workout Secrets Revealed