Catherine Zeta-Jones Gets Annoyed on GMA: I’m “Sick” of Bipolar Disorder Talk
11:33 am, December 7th, 2012VIDEO
Catherine Zeta-Jones was on “Good Morning America” on Friday to talk about her new movie Playing for Keeps, but became visibly upset when the conversation turned to her mental health and her struggle with bipolar disorder.
The awkward moment came after co-host Elizabeth Vargas asked about the actress’ busy year, and Zeta-Jones acknowledged having “issues” and needing “to stop for a moment” after her diagnosis in April 2011.
“And then, I’ve just been doing smaller roles in great, fun movies with great directors and that’s been fun for me,” she said. ”It sounds like a whole bunch but it wasn’t that much, really.”
When Vargas followed up with a question about Zeta-Jones’ illness, the movie star objected to the line of inquiry.
“You know what? I’m sick of talking about it because I never wanted to be the poster child for this,” Zeta-Jones replied.
Referring to her decision to acknowledge her private battle after the tabloid media got wind, she explained, “I never wanted this to come out publicly. It came out.”
“I dealt with it the best way I could. It was just saying, ‘Hey, I’m bipolar,’” said Zeta-Jones.
She went on, “Everyone has things going on and we deal with them the best we can. We can’t jump from the rooftop shouting, ‘I have this, look at me, victim’ — we all have issues in life. I’m really happy that I have great friends, great support and that’s all you can do.”
Check out the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids