WATCH: Casey Thrasher Turns Chance Keith Urban Meeting Into Idol Inspiration
10:36 pm, January 29th, 2014VIDEO
Casey Thrasher, a 22-year-old dad of two, moved the judges with his passion and his voice on “American Idol” on Wednesday.
The Alabama-based contestant auditioned in Salt Lake City with “Believe” by Brooks and Dunn, saying he chose the song because of something judge Keith Urban once said to him.
After a chance meeting at the CMA Awards last year, the country star told Thrasher, “I believe in you,” a simple sentence that helped fuel his determination to provide for his family through music.
Following his audition performance, Jennifer Lopez exclaimed, “I love you.”
“Everything wasn’t 100 percent perfect throughout the whole thing, but it had so much feeling,” said, adding, “I really felt like I was watching a performance and I was in it, I was there with you.”
Harry Connick Jr. commended Thrasher on his “extremely strong” drive and his dedication to his craft.
And Urban told him, ”I’d love to give you that break tonight.”
With that, Thrasher had a golden ticket to Hollywood.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court