Casey Anthony Files for Bankruptcy
10:35 am, January 27th, 2013
Casey Anthony has filed for bankruptcy in Florida, claiming approximately $1,100 in assets and $792,000 in liabilities.
Court documents list Anthony, infamously acquitted in 2011 of murdering her toddler daughter Caylee, as currently unemployed.
Her listed debts include $500,000 in attorney fees and costs related to her criminal defense; $145,660 in investigative fees and related expenses; $68,540 to the Internal Revenue Service; and $61,505 to Florida for court costs.
“This is the next step towards closure for me,” Anthony is quoted as telling the CBS affiliate in Phoenix.
Anthony names about 80 different creditors in the bankruptcy filing, mostly related to legal and medical matters, although there is also a debt for scuba diving services.
On Friday, an appeals court tossed two of the four counts against Anthony of lying to authorities, although she is now battling several civil lawsuits related to the disappearance and death of Caylee.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss