Carrie Underwood Set To Star In “The Sound Of Music” As Maria Von Trapp
11:22 am, November 30th, 2012
Carrie Underwood is set to star as Maria von Trapp in a live television version of “The Sound of Music,” it was announced on Friday.
The three-hour TV adaptation of the beloved Rodgers and Hammerstein musical will be broadcast on NBC around the holiday season in 2013.
“Speaking for everyone at NBC, we couldn’t be happier to have the gifted Carrie Underwood take up the mantle of the great Maria von Trapp,” said the network’s entertainment chief Robert Greenblatt. “She was an iconic woman who will now be played by an iconic artist.”
In a statement, producers for the project announced, ”We’re thrilled to be presenting the Broadway version of ‘The Sound of Music’ live, and having Carrie Underwood as the star brings it to a new generation who will fall in love with it for the first time as many millions of people already have.”
They added, “It’s a particular joy to us as producers to see this amazing artist stretch into new territory with this classic musical.”
The 1965 film version of The Sound of Music, starring Julie Andrews, won the Academy Award for Best Picture.
Are you looking forward to seeing Underwood in the new adaptation?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Lorde & Boyfriend Cyberbullied In Racist, Meanest Way
- Short Hairstyles We Love
- Style Inspiration: 85 Celebs Rocking Tights, Spandex & Leggings
- Former Child Stars That Are Hot Now