Carrie Fisher Treated After Bipolar Episode on Cruise Ship (VIDEO)
2:18 pm, February 26th, 2013VIDEO
Carrie Fisher made a memorable appearance last week while aboard the Holland America Eurodam in the Caribbean.
The actress, who was a special guest on the cruise ship, slurred off-key through the song, “Skylark,” while simultaneously cleaning up after her dog onstage.
The spectacle, caught on video (below) led audience members to believe Fisher was drunk.
But her rep tells Gossip Cop that Fisher, who was later hospitalized, suffered from a bipolar disorder episode.
“There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher’s bipolar disorder,” says the rep, adding, “She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now.”
Fisher has been open in the past about her battle with the illness.
Check out the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court