Carrie Fisher Treated After Bipolar Episode on Cruise Ship (VIDEO)
2:18 pm, February 26th, 2013VIDEO
Carrie Fisher made a memorable appearance last week while aboard the Holland America Eurodam in the Caribbean.
The actress, who was a special guest on the cruise ship, slurred off-key through the song, “Skylark,” while simultaneously cleaning up after her dog onstage.
The spectacle, caught on video (below) led audience members to believe Fisher was drunk.
But her rep tells Gossip Cop that Fisher, who was later hospitalized, suffered from a bipolar disorder episode.
“There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher’s bipolar disorder,” says the rep, adding, “She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now.”
Fisher has been open in the past about her battle with the illness.
Check out the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted
- The Most Amusing Athlete Mug Shots
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man