Carlos Guevara, 16 With Tourettes, Gets Emotional Standing Ovation on X Factor
9:24 pm, September 18th, 2013VIDEO
Carlos Guevara surprised the “X Factor” judges when he came out on stage and revealed he suffers from Tourette’s Syndrome — only to then amaze them when he started singing.
The 16-year-old revealed he was diagnosed at 12, and his condition has worsened to the point where he recently left school.
But Guevara’s smooth vocals on John Mayer’s “Gravity” betrayed no hint of his struggles, leading to a standing ovation from Demi Lovato, Paulina Rubio, and Kelly Rowland.
Rubio said afterward, “Carlos, I don’t know you but I feel really proud of you. You have an amazing voice. You have a great energy.”
Lovato told him, “You have a beautiful voice. I can tell that you have a beautiful soul. I believe that you are so talented.”
“You took in this whole crowd and had this moment, and you said ‘this is amazing’ in-between it, and it was just so magical,” said Rowland. “I’m just so grateful I’m here to witness this and witness you.”
And Simon Cowell said, “Carlos, you know what I like about you is that you’re not a victim. You’ve got this issue, but most importantly you haven’t let that stopped you doing what you dreamt of doing.”
“Forget about all of that, you’ve actually got a great voice,” he continued, later adding, “You don’t have four yeses. You have 3, 338 yeses.”
Check out the powerful video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents