Candice Glover Gets Standing Ovation for Mariah-Whitney Cover, Makes Judge Tear Up on American Idol (VIDEO)
9:59 pm, April 17th, 2013VIDEO
For the show’s “divas” theme, Glover took on “When You Believe,” Carey’s 1998 duet with the late Whitney Houston.
The performance left Carey in tears, and earned the contestant a standing ovation from the entire judging panel.
“Personally, I think you can sing anything in front of anybody anywhere,” Carey told Glover, adding, “I don’t want to break down and cry here, because it does remind me [of Houston]. And yes, rest in peace to the great Whitney Houston. I think you did her justice.”
Keith Urban said, “I was looking over at Mariah a lot of the time, Candice, and I’ve never seen someone so beautifully, like a sister, supporting every moment of that song. It was so beautiful to watch.”
Nicki Minaj told Glover, “That is how you do a Mariah Carey-Whitney Houston song!
“We all know you just tore that song up, but I think there’s a bigger message here,” said the rapper. “I think for women, for people, for Boston, everybody needs to feel that right now.”
And Randy Jackson exclaimed, “Again?! This is crazy, dude. Again?! That’s the best vocal of the night!”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?