Candice Glover Gets Standing Ovation for Mariah-Whitney Cover, Makes Judge Tear Up on American Idol (VIDEO)
9:59 pm, April 17th, 2013VIDEO
For the show’s “divas” theme, Glover took on “When You Believe,” Carey’s 1998 duet with the late Whitney Houston.
The performance left Carey in tears, and earned the contestant a standing ovation from the entire judging panel.
“Personally, I think you can sing anything in front of anybody anywhere,” Carey told Glover, adding, “I don’t want to break down and cry here, because it does remind me [of Houston]. And yes, rest in peace to the great Whitney Houston. I think you did her justice.”
Keith Urban said, “I was looking over at Mariah a lot of the time, Candice, and I’ve never seen someone so beautifully, like a sister, supporting every moment of that song. It was so beautiful to watch.”
Nicki Minaj told Glover, “That is how you do a Mariah Carey-Whitney Houston song!
“We all know you just tore that song up, but I think there’s a bigger message here,” said the rapper. “I think for women, for people, for Boston, everybody needs to feel that right now.”
And Randy Jackson exclaimed, “Again?! This is crazy, dude. Again?! That’s the best vocal of the night!”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss