Candice Glover Takes American Idol Finale to “Another Level” (VIDEOS)
9:24 pm, May 15th, 2013VIDEOS
Candice Glover received not one, but two standing ovations on Wednesday’s “American Idol” performance finale.
The finalist performed three songs — “Chasing Pavements” (Simon Fuller’s choice), “I Am Beautiful” (coronation single), and “I Who Have Nothing” (contestant’s reprise choice).
The last two performances earned her the standing ovations.
“Oh my gosh, it’s just crazy. You’re such a powerhouse singer, Candice,” Keith Urban told her after “I Who Have Nothing.”
He continued, ”That song is like a planet exploding to life. Your mom crying was just breaking my heart down there.”
Nicki Minaj “loved that performance,” and noted, “I think what comes across from you is superstar commands the stage… The fact that you always walk on there and own it immediately, salute.”
Randy Jackson exclaimed, “That girl can plum flat-out sing! This is how you do it!”
“You just shot this whole night to another level, and that’s what I’ve been waiting on,” he added.
And Mariah Carey told Glover, ”It doesn’t matter if we heard you sing this particular song every single night of the competition. What you have is the innate ability to take any song and turn into a vehicle for that amazing voice that nobody can deny.”
“It surpasses what even I could have ever imagined I would see here,” Carey continued, adding, “I know I’m going to be listening to you for years to come.”
Check out the videos below, and tell us if Candice has your vote!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?