Burnell Taylor Makes Mariah Carey Cry, Gets Standing Ovation on “Idol” (VIDEO)
9:17 pm, January 24th, 2013VIDEO
Burnell Taylor brought some serious emotion to his “American Idol” audition, and got some from the judges in return.
As seen on Thursday’s episode, the 19-year-old’s rendition of “I’m Here” from The Color Purple brought Mariah Carey to tears, and earned him a standing ovation from her, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson.
“Burnell made me cry!” Carey exclaimed as she wiped her eyes, adding, “Every single word you sang – just spectacular.”
Nicki Minaj noted, “That is what we came for. I feel like we’ve been flying all around this country for that, that thing that can’t even be put into words.”
“That wasn’t even an audition,” she continued. ”That was entertainment for us.”
And Urban told Taylor he had a “killer voice,” and added, “All I can say is right now there’s a spotlight just waiting for you to walk into it.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents