Burnell Taylor Makes Mariah Carey Cry, Gets Standing Ovation on “Idol” (VIDEO)
9:17 pm, January 24th, 2013VIDEO
Burnell Taylor brought some serious emotion to his “American Idol” audition, and got some from the judges in return.
As seen on Thursday’s episode, the 19-year-old’s rendition of “I’m Here” from The Color Purple brought Mariah Carey to tears, and earned him a standing ovation from her, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson.
“Burnell made me cry!” Carey exclaimed as she wiped her eyes, adding, “Every single word you sang – just spectacular.”
Nicki Minaj noted, “That is what we came for. I feel like we’ve been flying all around this country for that, that thing that can’t even be put into words.”
“That wasn’t even an audition,” she continued. ”That was entertainment for us.”
And Urban told Taylor he had a “killer voice,” and added, “All I can say is right now there’s a spotlight just waiting for you to walk into it.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- Lea Michele Says Co-Stars And Family Helped Her During Difficult Time
- Kanye West Delivers An Interesting Analogy
- Kate Upton: Beautiful As Always