Bruce Willis: I’m Against Gun Control
9:49 am, February 6th, 2013
Bruce Willis is against new gun control laws.
“I think that you can’t start to pick apart anything out of the Bill of Rights without thinking that it’s all going to become undone,” the Die Hard star explained to the Associated Press.
He continued, “If you take one out or change one law, then why wouldn’t they take all your rights away from you?”
Willis’ opinion runs counter to that of fellow action star Sylvester Stallone, who signaled his support for gun control last week.
Willis also dismisses the notion that there’s a link between Hollywood shoot-em-ups and real-life gun violence.
“No one commits a crime because they saw a film,” says the star. “There’s nothing to support that. We’re not making movies about people that have gone berserk, or gone nuts. Those kind of movies wouldn’t last very long at all.”
While he has sympathy for the families dealing with the horror of recent mass shootings, Willis does not think new laws will change anything.
Willis says, “I’m a father and it’s just a tragedy. But I don’t know how you legislate insanity. I don’t know what you do about it. I don’t even know how you begin to stop that.”
What do you think about Willis’ observations?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Court Thinks Dina Lohan Is Certifiably Crazy
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Kristen Stewart & Rob Pattinson: 100% Together, Possibly Eloping?!
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!