Bruce Willis: I’m Against Gun Control
9:49 am, February 6th, 2013
Bruce Willis is against new gun control laws.
“I think that you can’t start to pick apart anything out of the Bill of Rights without thinking that it’s all going to become undone,” the Die Hard star explained to the Associated Press.
He continued, “If you take one out or change one law, then why wouldn’t they take all your rights away from you?”
Willis’ opinion runs counter to that of fellow action star Sylvester Stallone, who signaled his support for gun control last week.
Willis also dismisses the notion that there’s a link between Hollywood shoot-em-ups and real-life gun violence.
“No one commits a crime because they saw a film,” says the star. “There’s nothing to support that. We’re not making movies about people that have gone berserk, or gone nuts. Those kind of movies wouldn’t last very long at all.”
While he has sympathy for the families dealing with the horror of recent mass shootings, Willis does not think new laws will change anything.
Willis says, “I’m a father and it’s just a tragedy. But I don’t know how you legislate insanity. I don’t know what you do about it. I don’t even know how you begin to stop that.”
What do you think about Willis’ observations?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- What Does Ariana Grande's Tattoo Mean To Her?
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White