Bruce Springsteen Dedicates “41 Shots” Song to Trayvon Martin — WATCH VIDEO
5:20 pm, July 17th, 2013VIDEO
Bruce Springsteen dedicated “American Skin (41 Shots)” to Trayvon Martin at a concert in Ireland on Tuesday.
“I want to send this out as a letter back home, for justice for Trayvon Martin,” the musician told the crowd (see video below).
The song, written in 1999 after New York police officers controversially shot and killed an unarmed man named Amadou Diallo, is resonating with the musician in the wake of Saturday’s acquittal of George Zimmerman on murder charges in Martin’s death.
It contains the line, “You can get killed just for living in your American skin.”
Check out the video below, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Shonda Rhimes Says She Didn't Adopt Third Child
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Kim Kardashian Strips Down To A String Bikini
- Michael Weatherly and Wife Welcome Baby No. 2!