Bruce Springsteen Dedicates “41 Shots” Song to Trayvon Martin — WATCH VIDEO
5:20 pm, July 17th, 2013VIDEO
Bruce Springsteen dedicated “American Skin (41 Shots)” to Trayvon Martin at a concert in Ireland on Tuesday.
“I want to send this out as a letter back home, for justice for Trayvon Martin,” the musician told the crowd (see video below).
The song, written in 1999 after New York police officers controversially shot and killed an unarmed man named Amadou Diallo, is resonating with the musician in the wake of Saturday’s acquittal of George Zimmerman on murder charges in Martin’s death.
It contains the line, “You can get killed just for living in your American skin.”
Check out the video below, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents