Brooke Burke Talks Cancer, Shows Off Surgery Scar on GMA (VIDEO)
1:49 pm, January 8th, 2013VIDEO
Showing off a deep neck scar from the operation, the “Dancing with the Stars” host told Lara Spencer, “It was shocking. I never thought I’d hear the word cancer in relation to myself.”
Burke revealed, “The movie in my mind when I got my diagnosis was that I’m a mother, I’ve got four children and a family counting on me.”
She noted, “All the children really handled it differently… My son actually said, ‘Is papa going to get it?’ In his mind, at 4-years-old, he doesn’t know what cancer means.”
Burke went on to share, “The message is really about preventative health,” explaining that since she had no symptoms, the cancer wouldn’t have been discovered without her annual physicals.
Check out the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court