Brooke Burke FIRED From Dancing With the Stars — SEE STATEMENTS HERE!
10:09 pm, February 21st, 2014
Brooke Burke will not be returning to “Dancing with the Stars.”
ABC confirmed the news to Gossip Cop on Friday night, shortly after the co-host revealed to E! that she was fired less than a month before the new season begins.
The former winner, who has hosted the show with Tom Bergeron since 2010, said in a statement, “I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting ‘DWTS’ but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture.”
She went on, “I’ve always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn’t able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show.”
“I’ve seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake,” concluded Burke.
For its part, “DWTS” executive producer Conrad Green tells Gossip Cop, “We can confirm that Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be joining us next season. She’s been a wonderful part of the ‘Dancing with the Stars’ family since her triumphant win in season seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team.”
“We’d like to thank Brooke for her years of great service,” added Green.
The show has been in a state of upheaval since last fall, when the two-night weekly competition series downsized to just one night, leading to a new format and some unexpected contestants eliminations, among other controversial changes.
More cutbacks are in store for the new season, including the replacement of The Harold Wheeler Band, which has been with the series since season 1.
Season 18 premieres on March 17.
What do you think of Burke leaving the show?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage