Brittany Murphy Might Have Been Poisoned and Murdered, According to New Lab Test
6:35 pm, November 18th, 2013
Brittany Murphy’s death may have been caused by poison, according to an independent new toxicology report ordered by the late actress’ father Angelo Bertolotti.
The actress died in her home in December 2009, with the coroner ruling that her death was caused by complications related to pneumonia and anemia.
Her husband, Simon Monjack, was found dead just five months later.
But a suspicious Bertolotti sued authorities at the coroner’s office and the Los Angeles Police Department in order to obtain hair, blood and tissue samples for testing.
According to reports, the subsequent independent test detected the presence of ten separate heavy metals in Murphy’s system — substances commonly associated with rat poison and insecticides.
The new lab report states, “If we were to eliminate the possibility of a simultaneous accidental heavy metals exposure to the sample donor then the only logical explanation would be an exposure to these metals (toxins) administered by a third party perpetrator with likely criminal intent.”
While there are no suspects or criminal investigations at this time, the possibility that Murphy’s death — and possibly Monjack’s may have been murder has now been raised.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents